Best place to get audiobooks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get audiobooks?

Out here in my neck of the woods, we've got some pretty large dead zones when it comes to cell service. And sometimes I get tired of listening to music, and I want to listen to an audiobook. Problem is, when you're in a dead zone, if you're streaming an audiobook from a paid service, they tend to stall out and you're left with nothing to listen to. Since it can't download any more of it in the dead zone.

So is anybody aware of a good place that just lets you download the whole file? Or perhaps there is a service like that? Tired of getting 20 minutes in, and then it cuts off, and I've got a long drive ahead of me.
    WH

go to the library and check out some audio books

Comment

Maybe you can download the file from the library...I've downloaded e-reader stuff before through the DPL website. You don't have to go in.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Audible or Amazon

Comment

justin lackey, i run a large book club on facebook. if you want friend me and i will add you. smiley face.
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Audible, no one else has the library size, and they are recorded by mostly good speakers. Be careful otherwise you might download a text to speech robot doing the reading.

I have been on Audible for more than 10 years, I love it.

Comment

Audible member here

Get norm Macdonalds book

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                Audible member here

Get norm Macdonalds book
                ????

Based on a True Story: A Memoir
                by Norm Macdonald

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  ????

Based on a True Story: A Memoir
                  by Norm Macdonald
                  Yuuuuuuuuupp

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Audible or Amazon
                    Looks like you can tell the app to download it, so this might be what I'm looking for.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    Dan Bishop, i run a large book club on facebook. if you want friend me and i will add you. smiley face.
                    Gonna create my facebook account soon. Then I will send you a friend request. What is the name of the account? Something tells me its not "naynay"

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
                    Audible, no one else has the library size, and they are recorded by mostly good speakers. Be careful otherwise you might download a text to speech robot doing the reading.

I have been on Audible for more than 10 years, I love it.

To clarify, you're talking about his, right? Amazon's service:

WH

Comment

Couple different ways to get them semi-cheap. Buy the Kindle version then add the audible companion for cheap. Buy the MP3 CD then burn it to your itunes, the CDs are SUPER cheap now-a-days for a lot of books. Or just get an audible.com membership.

Comment

No the Audible website. www.audible.com
                        They are linked with amazon but the largest amount of choices will be at the Audible site.

[/QUOTE]
                        To clarify, you're talking about his, right? Amazon's service:

https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&nod...91023VX1R0ANB1[/QUOTE]

Comment

I love the idea of audiobooks, but the couple of times I have tried them I would get distracted and 'miss' a bunch, then have to go back to listen again.

Comment

This is why I love them. just listen to them and rotate them in again later and pick up stuff you missed. However, if you get a good one you like that is read well, you won't have trouble staying engaged.
                            I do like listening to them repeatedly.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I love the idea of audiobooks, but the couple of times I have tried them I would get distracted and 'miss' a bunch, then have to go back to listen again.

Comment

I normally only listen to the audio version after I've read the actual book. Easier to focus and less of a big deal if you miss something.

Comment

Working...
                              X