No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recent stuff. Right now I'm most excited about the Amulet from Trollhunters. My 3 year old son loves that show. The plan is paint, detail, and adding blue glow in the dark epoxy resin so that it glows blue like it does on the show.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Kick ass on the finish of those parts. The detail of a resin printer is just amazing.

And my son also knows that the printer is a toy factory. It's the hardest 1-3 hour wait he has ever been though lol. It also slows down my work when every third print is a dinosaur.

Comment

• Yeah. Lance is REALLY struggling with the time it is taking yo finish his amulet!!

Comment

• That’s awesome!! My kids love that show, they have watched every episode.

Comment

• We are on our second time through the series! Lol

Comment

• Patience is a virtue . Good life lesson for them. and kickass work

Comment

• Heeeyyyyy, we are back!

My test print from last weekend was a big batch of Turbos. No clue of they are sized correctly, lol. I need to mock them up with an engine to check the sizing.

I'm going to explore having someone draft files for me. I'm not quite sure what the rate will be, but I'm falling behind the curve on parts availablity. I picked this thing up for personal use, however if I can monetize the parts, cover the cost of having them drawn, and add funds to the hobby account, then I am all for it!

Comment

• awesome. I may need a few of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Heeeyyyyy, we are back!

My test print from last weekend was a big batch of Turbos. No clue of they are sized correctly, lol. I need to mock them up with an engine to check the sizing.

I'm going to explore having someone draft files for me. I'm not quite sure what the rate will be, but I'm falling behind the curve on parts availablity. I picked this thing up for personal use, however if I can monetize the parts, cover the cost of having them drawn, and add funds to the hobby account, then I am all for it!

Make some molds and start selling candy turbos.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      Make some molds and start selling candy turbos.
                      Genious!!

Comment

• I haven't really had the time to mess around in Fusion360 or Solidworks, so, I headed over to fiverr to comission some work. This is the first wheel center design to print and sell.

The end goal is to produce and provide affordable custom wheels to the hobby. The aluminum sleeve and tire costs $10 and my centers will cost $12 shipped. So less than $25 bucks for "custom" wheels. Hopefully this can breathe some life and creativity into the hobby and help spark some interst in a new generation of builder!

Last edited by black2002ls; 10-17-2019, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• I think I'm going to need one of these machines. how big is the printing bed? can it print a full 1/24 body?

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            I haven't really had the time to mess around in Fusion360 or Solidworks, so, I headed over to fiverr to comission some work. This is the first wheel center design to print and sell.

The end goal is to produce and provide affordable custom wheels to the hobby. The aluminum sleeve and tire costs $10 and my centers will cost $12 shipped. So less than $25 bucks for "custom" wheels. Hopefully this can breathe some life and creativity into the hobby and help spark some interst in a new generation of builder!

[IMG].jpg[/IMG]

[IMG].jpg[/IMG]

[IMG].jpg[/IMG]

That's very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              I think I'm going to need one of these machines. how big is the printing bed? can it print a full 1/24 body?
                              You MAY be able to print is standing up. They make machines big enough, but the price is MUCH bigger!

Comment

• Mocked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X