Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    And there it goes.
    What's the over/under on when it'll reach $4.00?

... and when will two from the same NFL conference play in the superbowl?

Comment

As of right now, looks like they are sliding. Under $2.50/gal in multiple places in D/FW.

Can't guarantee how long it will last...

Comment

Pilot on I-20 in midland is $3.55 for premium and $2.95 for regular right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Pilot on I-20 in midland is $3.55 for premium and $2.95 for regular right now.
          It’s never made sense to me why gas in the Permian area is higher than the rest of Texas.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            It’s never made sense to me why gas in the Permian area is higher than the rest of Texas.
            I just assume its because they can get away with it since so many people have company fuel cards and don't care what the fuel costs. Cheapest in town is usually HEB and its still $2.60 and you will have to wait in line to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              I just assume its because they can get away with it since so many people have company fuel cards and don't care what the fuel costs. Cheapest in town is usually HEB and its still $2.60 and you will have to wait in line to get it.
              Beyond that, it's because engines don't run on crude oil. Only 5% of the refining capacity in Texas sits out in that area. Everything that comes out of the ground out there has to be pipelined away for refining then pipelined back and trucked to stations. As of this month the Permian is producing ~4.2 million bbl/day (predicted to hit 8M in next 4 yrs). And that big Alon refinery on I-20 in Big Spring... it's partially setup to process heavy/sour WTS (most of the Pemian crude is light/sweet WTI) and make asphalt and other shit, so just because they can process 192,000 bbl/day of crude there doesn't mean it's all going to fuel.

Gulf coast refining capacity ~ 4,252,000 bbl/day
              West TX refining capacity ~192,000 bbl/day

RED = Gulf Coast TX
              BLUE = Permian area

Baytown Refinery (ExxonMobil), Baytown, 560,500 bbl/d
              Big Spring Refinery (Delek), Big Spring, 70,000 bbl/d
              Beaumont Refinery (ExxonMobil), Beaumont, 344,600 bbl/d
              Borger Refinery (WRB Refining LP by Phillips 66/Cenovus, Borger 146,000 bbl/d
              Corpus Christi Complex (Flint Hills Resources), Corpus Christi, 290,000 bbl/d
              Corpus Christi Refinery (Citgo), Corpus Christi, 157,500 bbl/d
              Corpus Christi East & West Refinery (Valero), Corpus Christi, 205,000 bbl/d
              Deer Park Refinery (Shell Oil Company), Deer Park, 316,600 bbl/d

El Paso Refinery (Western Refining), El Paso, 122,000 bbl/d
              Galveston Bay Refinery (Marathon Petroleum Company), Texas City, 571,000 bbl/d
              Houston Refinery (Lyondell), Houston, 263,776 bbl/d
              Houston Refinery (Valero), Houston, 100,000 bbl/d
              Independent Refinery (Stratnor), Houston, 100,000 bbl/d

McKee Refinery (Valero), Sunray, 200,000 bbl/d
              Nixon Refinery (Blue Dolphin) Nixon, Texas, 11,471 bbl/d
              Pasadena Refinery (Chevron), Pasadena, 100,000 bbl/d
              Port Arthur Refinery (Total), Port Arthur, 225,500 bbl/d
              Port Arthur Refinery (Motiva Enterprises), Port Arthur, 636,500 bbl/d
              Port Arthur Refinery (Valero), Port Arthur, 335,000 bbl/d)

San Antonio Refinery (Calumet Lubricants), San Antonio, 16,800 bbl/d
              Sweeny Refinery (Phillips 66), Sweeny, 247,000 bbl/d
              Texas City Refinery (Valero), Texas City 225,000 bbl/d

Three Rivers Refinery (Valero), Three Rivers, 89,000 bbl/d
              Tyler Refinery (Delek), Tyler, 75,000 bbl/d
              Last edited by Strychnine; 05-06-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                What's the over/under on when it'll reach $4.00?

... and when will two from the same NFL conference play in the superbowl?
                Probably about the same as when you’ll discover a new funny! You get an E for effort though!

Comment

Buckle your chin strap....

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    Let me guess you bought that bullshit? Thanks for the money

Comment

Put some ointment on your butt hurt. Doesn't matter how legitimate it is, it'll be interesting to see even the idea will affect gas prices.

Comment

Can anyone post that link? I ain't disabling pop ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          Can anyone post that link? I ain't disabling pop ups.
                          To get around some paywalls go to outline.com then paste in the URL

Two Saudi oil tankers attacked in the Persian Gulf amid rising Iran tensions

MAY 13, 2019

BEIRUT — Two Saudi oil tankers have been attacked and damaged in coastal waters near the Persian Gulf, the Saudi Foreign Ministry said on Monday, further heightening tensions with Iran.

The tankers were subjected to an “act of sabotage” early Sunday morning in waters off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, according to a statement by the Saudi Minister for Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, Khalid Al-Falih carried by the official Saudi news agency.

Saudi Arabia did not say who was responsible for the attack, which caused no casualties or oil spill but inflicted “significant damage” on the vessels, the statement said.

It coincides with a surge of tensions between the United States and Iran, after the U.S. said last week it had received intelligence Iran was planning some kind of attack against U.S. forces in the Middle East.

In response to the threat, the Pentagon has dispatched naval reinforcements to the Persian Gulf, including an aircraft carrier, a Patriot missile battery and a squadron of B-52 bombers, prompting warnings from Iran that it was prepared to retaliate if it comes under attack.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry condemned the shipping attack as “alarming and regrettable” saying it would have a “negative effect” on shipping safety and maritime security, according to the Iranian ISNA news agency.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi hinted that the sabotage may have been carried out as part of a conspiracy to ignite conflict in the region. He cautioned against what he called “plots by ill-wishers to disrupt regional security” and called for an inquiry.

Iran also announced last week that it would pull out of parts of the nuclear deal and resume uranium enrichment, sparking concerns among the accord’s remaining signatories that it will soon collapse altogether.

Speaking in Brussels, the British Foreign Minister Jeremy Hunt warned of the risk that the tensions could trigger an unintended conflict in the region.

“We are very worried about the risk of a conflict happening by accident with an escalation that is unintended,” he told reporters, ahead of a European Union meeting later Monday on ways to salvage the deal.

The spike in tensions follows the Trump administration’s decision to lift sanctions waivers from eight countries that import Iranian oil, in a bid to bring Iran’s exports down to “zero,” according to U.S. officials. Iran had already seen its exports plunge after the reimposition of U.S. sanctions last November, following the Trump administration’s decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear accord. The expiration of the waivers is expected to inflict further pain on Iran’s already reeling economy.

It was not immediately clear whether the two Saudi vessels that were attacked were among four ships that the United Arab Emirates had said on Sunday were sabotaged in the same area. The Saudi statement said the tankers were positioned off the emirate of Fujairah at the time and one was on its way to the Saudi port of Ras Tanura to be loaded with oil for delivery to the United States.

The United States maritime authority reissued a warning early Monday that Iran might seek to target commercial shipping in the area, the Associated Press reported.

“Since early May, there is an increased possibility that Iran and/or its regional proxies could take action against U.S. and partner interests, including oil production infrastructure, after recently threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz,” said an earlier warning issued last week. “Iran or its proxies could respond by targeting commercial vessels, including oil tankers, or U.S. military vessels in the Red Sea, Bab-el-Mandeb Strait or the Persian Gulf.”

Comment

E85 ftw
                            Originally posted by Da Prez
                            Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                            Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Anybody got some fake news to share?

Comment

Fuel has been dropping around here hell I got fuel at QT in Weatherford for 2.38 Sunday and last week it was around 2.5x

Comment

Working...
                                X