Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tex275 93 Mustang Build (Lot's of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey so yall dyno with the 15lb spring and then switch to the 7lb spring before going to the track?

And you dont have a boost controller yet? I still need to get one to. Mine has the 14 spring in it now but it doesnt launch for shit with no boost. And converter is was way tight.

Comment

• looking good!!

Comment

• Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
        Hey so yall dyno with the 15lb spring and then switch to the 7lb spring before going to the track?

And you dont have a boost controller yet? I still need to get one to. Mine has the 14 spring in it now but it doesnt launch for shit with no boost. And converter is was way tight.

We had a customized regulator hooked up to it on the dyno using an air compressor to regulate boost.

Comment

• who runs a spring? CO2 baby!!
          903-870-8109

Thank you:
          2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
          Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
          Jimmy Patton for the pit help
          Chris Fowler for the motor work
          TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
          NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
          Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
          Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
          Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by bigminz View Post
            who runs a spring? CO2 baby!!
            Someone who's never had a car like this before and wants to get a feel for it before jumping in feet first, that's how shit gets wrecked. What's the purpose of coming in this thread and being a dick?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
              Someone who's never had a car like this before and wants to get a feel for it before jumping in feet first, that's how shit gets wrecked. What's the purpose of coming in this thread and being a dick?
              Just hold on there big boy, I was not being a dick.

I was just making a statement; as I was not referring to the big end of your passes but rather the starting line control. It is easier to control boost at ALL levels with a lesser of a spring that what you have. It will be easier to get the car lined out that way. Get your feet wet all you want but in the end you will put the appropriate equipment (which ever boost controller you like) to help with your tuning and make your life much easier. The middle of the track and big end will come around with comfort level and tuning which you have guys that know what they are doing.

Good Luck!
              903-870-8109

Thank you:
              Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

• Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                Hey so yall dyno with the 15lb spring and then switch to the 7lb spring before going to the track?

No we had the 7lb spring in it for both the Dyno and the track. Brooks has a contraption that uses a regulator and the air compressor in the shop to simulate a boost controller. The highest we got was 14 lbs on the boost gauge due to the tire shake. We could have increased the pressure on the regulator therefore getting more boost, but the tires would allow it.

I have a boost controller. It's an MSD 7562. I just wanted to crawl before I walked.

My 60 ft was in the low 1.70's. I don't know how much boost I was leaving on, but it wasn't much.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigminz View Post
                  who runs a spring? CO2 baby!!
                  I have all that currently, I just elected not to install it just yet.

Don't you worry, that car will run mid 5's soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                    No we had the 7lb spring in it for both the Dyno and the track. Brooks has a contraption that uses a regulator and the air compressor in the shop to simulate a boost controller. The highest we got was 14 lbs on the boost gauge due to the tire shake. We could have increased the pressure on the regulator therefore getting more boost, but the tires would allow it.

I have a boost controller. It's an MSD 7562. I just wanted to crawl before I walked.

My 60 ft was in the low 1.70's. I don't know how much boost I was leaving on, but it wasn't much.
                    Thats cool. Same here, just plan on taking it easy for now.

I was leaving in vaccum, no boost. Lol Heck my 60ft were like 2. Something lol. And I tried to build some but I really dont know what I was doing

Comment

• Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                      I have all that currently, I just elected not to install it just yet.

Don't you worry, that car will run mid 5's soon.
                      awesome!

Keep up the good work.
                      903-870-8109

Thank you: