No announcement yet.

Kodi TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to give a brother access to your plex server?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      it's clunky, slow, locks up, etc. Sometimes it takes 15 tries to find a decent quality version of a show/movie to play. Half of the streaming sports stuff is pure crap.
      I don't get any of that on the FireTV. The stick locks up from time to time. I also don't have quality issues on new episodes, but if it's a brand new release movie, the early versions are usually recorded with a handheld camera in the theater, which is the same exact stuff floating around for download. Can take up to a month for a good quality version to appear.

As for the menu - I don't mind it now that I have all my favorites and stuff set up. I rarely go search for something, and when I do, I add it to my collections so I'm not jumping from menu to menu.

Being the techie you are, I'm sure you know that Kodi points to the same sources that you're downloading from.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I don't get any of that on the FireTV. The stick locks up from time to time. I also don't have quality issues on new episodes, but if it's a brand new release movie, the early versions are usually recorded with a handheld camera in the theater, which is the same exact stuff floating around for download. Can take up to a month for a good quality version to appear.

As for the menu - I don't mind it now that I have all my favorites and stuff set up. I rarely go search for something, and when I do, I add it to my collections so I'm not jumping from menu to menu.

Being the techie you are, I'm sure you know that Kodi points to the same sources that you're downloading from.
        yeah, but I manage my downloads, and have minimum quality settings, etc. So I can usually remove the crappy stuff before it gets to my plex server. Plex as an app is so much easier to use and just a better format overall.

For non-tech people I can see the attraction to Kodi, but for me it's like using a first gen 1 Windows phone vs the latest Andriod phone.

Same reason I won't use a MAC or iphone. I can't stand the UI

Comment

UK isp's are sending antipiracy letters to their Kodi users, so expect that it'll start happening here too.

Comment

Plex as an app is so much easier to use and just a better format overall.
            Plex is more visually appealing, but I can't stand the way they mix content all together.

Since we replaced the stick in our room with a tv, I haven't even logged in to plex.

Comment

Plex is more visually appealing, but I can't stand the way they mix content all together.

Since we replaced the stick in our room with a tv, I haven't even logged in to plex.
              Mix content all together?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Mix content all together?
                TV Shows mixed in with movies, in what appears to be random order.

Comment

TV Shows mixed in with movies, in what appears to be random order.
                  It doesn't do that at all, mine has two categories.

TV Shows
                  Movies

It doesn't mix the two together.

Comment

That's the server owner being lazy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      That's the server owner being lazy
                      no that's just Brent not knowing what he's talking about...

I've always had 2 categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        You want to give a brother access to your plex server?
                        I'll take your silence as a no.

Comment

no that's just Brent not knowing what he's talking about...

I've always had 2 categories.

I'll show you the next time you come over, but the main page has them all mixed together. I have to back out, then go to tvs or movies.

Comment

I'll show you the next time you come over, but the main page has them all mixed together. I have to back out, then go to tvs or movies.
                            strange, the main page should have "On Deck" - stuff you've been watching's next episode, "Recently Downloaded TV", and "Recently Downloaded Movies"

Comment

it's clunky, slow, locks up, etc. Sometimes it takes 15 tries to find a decent quality version of a show/movie to play. Half of the streaming sports stuff is pure crap.

I'll just stick to Plex and my downloader getting the stuff I want. I can have just about anything I want in less than 24 hours from the time it aired anyways.
                              I agree. Started with XBMC back in the day and after playing with it for quite a while I switched to Plex and haven't looked back. With Sonar & Couch Potato, my TV/Movie stuff is pretty much on autopilot.
                              DamonH

Comment

Originally posted by DamonH View Post
                                I agree. Started with XBMC back in the day and after playing with it for quite a while I switched to Plex and haven't looked back. With Sonar & Couch Potato, my TV/Movie stuff is pretty much on autopilot.
                                i'm using Media Center Master. I tried Couch Potato and Sonarr and they left me wanting more control.

MCM doesn't do great with movies, but TV shows it's the best out there I've found. Most movies I just go get myself once a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X