2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
    awesome, boy that stuff is pricey! So did you just do a full lawn application?
    No. Ive been spot spraying it. Yard looked like hell at first ,but its coming along. This years rain has been great..

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      No. Ive been spot spraying it. Yard looked like hell at first ,but its coming along. This years rain has been great..
      I think I'll pick some up. I'm about four years in, and my yard is getting better, but late in summer crabgrass keeps killing me in certain spots.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Only crabgrass. Upon reflection, I will say it totally got rid of my chickweed. I totally forgot about that
        really I should have asked which pre did you use, they sell multiple kinds, some better than others, also what date did you put it down ? Just trying to help for future applications

Comment

• Originally posted by zemog View Post
          really I should have asked which pre did you use, they sell multiple kinds, some better than others, also what date did you put it down ? Just trying to help for future applications
          Well I put it down initially (I believe) sometime in the fall around late october or so, and then I put more down a little later than normal sometime in around early april. My bermuda does not green until mid to late may.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I think I'll pick some up. I'm about four years in, and my yard is getting better, but late in summer crabgrass keeps killing me in certain spots.
            Bayer's Crabgrass and weed killer works great. I applied it about a week ago and it destroyed the crab grass that popped up on me in the last month or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
              Bayer's Crabgrass and weed killer works great. I applied it about a week ago and it destroyed the crab grass that popped up on me in the last month or so.
              yeah that's what I've been using, and all it does to my crab grass is turn it purple at the stems. I've been using it with a sprayer for about three years and about the only thing I've seen is it slows it's growth. How many times are you applying it?

Comment

Well I put it down initially (I believe) sometime in the fall around late october or so, and then I put more down a little later than normal sometime in around early april. My bermuda does not green until mid to late may.
                fall pre is for winter weeds only , crabgrass isn't in this application , Poa annual rescue grass and many broadleaf weeds are main targets with the fall ( put down by oct 1 for north Texas for best results ) . Spectacle is the best although very expensive prodiamine then pendamethalin for fall herbicides.
                Late February application is for crabgrass , goose grass etc , ( summer annuals). Green up doesn't matter for pre emergence, dimension herbicide works best if late in applying as it controls early emergence of crabgrass . I use prodiamine in mid February . Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                  Well I got in a pretty bad accident and have been out for about 2 1/2 months my neighbors have been cutting my grass but went from a 1 to a 4 setting. Now that i am back to good health i spent about 6 hours going from the 4 back down to the 1. I need to go get some fertilizer and will be watering it for the next couple of days to help it green up (hopefully). :shock:

My neighbors think im crazy because it was dark green on top but the length was driving me insane!

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since scalping and every 3 days I have been cutting it still on #1. It is amazing just in 3 days how much growth I get, but its finally greening up!

Comment

yeah that's what I've been using, and all it does to my crab grass is turn it purple at the stems. I've been using it with a sprayer for about three years and about the only thing I've seen is it slows it's growth. How many times are you applying it?
                    I just put down the 2 treatment. The first took care of roughly half of it. I guess I'll keep applying till it's gone. It unfortunately does nothing for Dallisgrass though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                      Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since scalping and every 3 days I have been cutting it still on #1. It is amazing just in 3 days how much growth I get, but its finally greening up!
                      This gives me hope for my back yard. We went to Galveston for a few days, when we returned, the bermuda that was growing so well in my back yard looked like a damn cut hay field. I immediately started watering it and got some green back. Now it is daily watering to try and bring it back :/
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• OK so I'm really happy with the way it came out.. has anyone used milorganite? I did it 2 weeks after summerguard and have been really happy with the results..

Thank for all of the advise everyone helping me get here!

Sorry for the huge pics, not having Photobucket owns me
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Looks damn good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            Looks damn good!
                            Thanks, all the extra summer rain I'm sure has helped a lot! This grass it way more thirsty than my Bermuda out back..
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• So I still have 2 huge deadspots in the front yard, but I've caught 4 rabbits in my trap in the last few days and shot one with a pellet gun. I may be able to grow grass again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                                So I still have 2 huge deadspots in the front yard, but I've caught 4 rabbits in my trap in the last few days and shot one with a pellet gun. I may be able to grow grass again soon.
                                How is the soil in those spots? Are they low?

Looks like we are going to have some low/mid 80's for high temperatures over the next few weeks. That should lend itself well to some growth.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X