Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a sweet 68!
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Sorry I haven't been online much, but you did good going with the Mustang Steve stuff. He's a super-cool guy. I have his T5 clutch cable kit and power brake conversion (uses a foxbocy 4cyl booster) on my 66 and I couldn't be happier with them.

For wheel/tire fitment, check this out:

Comment

• If I get some extra money, I may end up going with this too. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aje-mr1ak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
          If I get some extra money, I may end up going with this too. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aje-mr1ak
          Just read a thread on this recently on the VMF. The consensus seems to be that most people don't love the 4 link setup, and prefer a 3 link. My advice here would be to do some serious research before you spend that kind of coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Just read a thread on this recently on the VMF. The consensus seems to be that most people don't love the 4 link setup, and prefer a 3 link. My advice here would be to do some serious research before you spend that kind of coin.

https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/m...uspension.html

Nice, I think my over all goal for this kit was to be able to modernize the rear end, I’m not too concerned with the performance aspect of converting to a 3 or 4 link suspension for the rear, anything I think will be better than the leaf springs at this point. Seems like a good kit, I’ll read up on it more as well.

Comment

https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/m...uspension.html
              My experience is that the VMF, CMF, classic mustang fucbois in general share a brain, and all regurgitate whatever someone said that bounced around inside thier empty skulls and found grey matter.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                Nice, I think my over all goal for this kit was to be able to modernize the rear end, I’m not too concerned with the performance aspect of converting to a 3 or 4 link suspension for the rear, anything I think will be better than the leaf springs at this point. Seems like a good kit, I’ll read up on it more as well.

I have the front kit, I am still on the fence as to if I will be getting a rear 4 link or cal tracs
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  My experience is that the VMF, CMF, classic mustang fucbois in general share a brain, and all regurgitate whatever someone said that bounced around inside thier empty skulls and found grey matter.
                  While I get the echo chamber dynamic, if you look at that thread, there’s some pretty good analysis there. Griggs, Meier, Cortex all running 3 link. Since those guys might know a thing or two about suspension, there might be something to learn there.

Edit: also, if you write off those resources entirely, I guarantee you’re missing out on some solid content.

Comment

While I get the echo chamber dynamic, if you look at that thread, there’s some pretty good analysis there. Griggs, Meier, Cortex all running 3 link. Since those guys might know a thing or two about suspension, there might be something to learn there.

Edit: also, if you write off those resources entirely, I guarantee you’re missing out on some solid content.
                    Here's the problem: suspension is a "i like this" type deal. Some like 4 link, some like 3, some like leaves, some wont run anything but IRS. The road race guys go ham on what is better, everyone is right, and everyone is wrong.

Comment

Here's the problem: suspension is a "i like this" type deal. Some like 4 link, some like 3, some like leaves, some wont run anything but IRS. The road race guys go ham on what is better, everyone is right, and everyone is wrong.
                      I guess. Rear suspension is expensive, and 3 of the best and brightest prefer one system over the others. Might be worth some attention. At least, when I'm spending that kind of money, I prefer to research it a bit as opposed to going with whatever is in the Summit catalog.

Comment

I guess. Rear suspension is expensive, and 3 of the best and brightest prefer one system over the others. Might be worth some attention. At least, when I'm spending that kind of money, I prefer to research it a bit as opposed to going with whatever is in the Summit catalog.
                        what's the best front suspension? Everyone and their sister has a mustang II kit for the classic mustangs, does that make it the best?

Comment

what's the best front suspension? Everyone and their sister has a mustang II kit for the classic mustangs, does that make it the best?
                          That is a redirect from what I'm saying. Are the brightest minds in classic Mustang handling running MII suspensions? No they are not. That is more in line with what I'm saying. Just because it's available doesn't mean it's the best option.

Comment

That is a redirect from what I'm saying. Are the brightest minds in classic Mustang handling running MII suspensions? No they are not. That is more in line with what I'm saying. Just because it's available doesn't mean it's the best option.
                            Dude, I'm not arguing with you, I'm saying that the hivemind mentality says the top three are pushing XXX, so it must be the best. Best for what? Street use, drag strip, class racing? Does the sanctioning body only allow that suspension? It's way too subjective to say one or the other is good, and anecdotal 'we sell this becuase it's the best' is part of that subjectivity. Guess what, Griggs sells parts for a torque arm rear. Mier has leaves. ETC.

Comment

• showdown at the dfwm corral
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Comment

Working...
                                X