No announcement yet.

Finished my Sundown Audio build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my 1200 dollar amp fell apart. literally and they told me they don't cover vibration damage and I was like wtf. He said likely for 200 bucks they will ship me a new one even though the don't warranty vibrations, they take of their customers.

I have another scv4000 coming too from woofers etc. because I don't wait if I can help it.
    So soon we will see what these sound at .5 ohm per amp strapped will do to some x18s. They will blow but I will just have to upgrade to the ZV5s or something. I cant afford the nightshades and they want 10k rms each. 8k gonna be my limit and zv5 18s.
    sigpic

Comment

Man what a bad ass company. I told the owner Jacob Fuller exactly what I did. My fault and foul admitted the murder of the amp by 150+DB vibration.. He's sending me a new amp for $100 as long as I return the old (cost me $60)! I'm sundown for life now. Just said mount that bitch nowhere near those damn subs lmao.

No other company in audio would do that. This amp is 1200.
      sigpic

Comment

First of all, lol at the tag. Second, your suburban is going to fall apart.

Comment

is it, the back right door has already been "bass welded shut" I'm also strapping another 4k watts as soon as the owner gets it out with a lot more electrical.

Anyway, here is Yukon 2.0 Anti-vibration. 1/2 MDF with 1' slotted industrial anti-vibration rubber. Works Great, they don't even move now. Ill strap the second 4k right above the other and see how well I can get by on .5 ohm loads per amp 6 optimas and a 350 amp alt.

sigpic

Comment

How about 8000w RMS strapped? I haven't clamped yet but I know for damn sure its getting true 5500k+ RMS with box rise. 151.8 on the DB meter at headrest sealed. Running both 4ks at .5 ohm now.

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 10-01-2016, 05:20 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Wiring looks clean and organized. Good job. What SPF meter are you using?

Comment

Yeah, so not my cup of tea and all that but good work on it - especially if you did it yourself.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

wall of text warning.

I am going to to hide the 4 pack of 0 in the middle around the back I already have space. but I was told from the owner of sundown put the power to the middle battery and also the 3 Zeros coming from the front from the alt..
                  I also ran out power of wire..

I'm talking about Jacob Fuller that owns sundown. I communicate directly with him. He just made a line of ZV5s that take 2000rms. He says closer to 4000 on music and that's what I do. He's does do trade ins, so we will see.

My burp was 34 hz SPL lab mobile unit for 3 seconds 1.4 gain on strapped amps. (they are brand new) My friend had one and so far from what I see on YouTube they are about .1 accurate at 150-165db. They are new, 200 bucks and a great deal. I am buying one. Also shows DC amps, voltage and some other stuff.

This 153 was with the gain at less that 1/4. If I give these the full 8000w@ .5 ohm they are bye bye. They can only handle a few seconds anyway with 1/2 bass boost knob up. ZERO clipping from the detector. They dyno at 8000w each at .5 ohm burst, so I figure with gains set with an o-scope they are pushing 5k each.

If I do zv5s, Ill run the at 1 ohm. .5 is hot for daily, even up here in Colorado. OMG and these guys bitch at the heat here, 90deg 6% humidity. I want to slap them lol.

Yes Ceyko I did it all my self minus 30% box work, thanks.

Here are the ZV5s.
                  Car audio designed for competition winners. Car subwoofers, Car amplifiers, Car speakers, and accessories for your whole audio system build!

or I could go with 2 more x's x2 and do a wall (maybe 4th order). it would bring me up 2-3 db to around 155-156b, in theory.

BTY this while build is CCA wire. Its doing great. I an constantly ay 14.5-14-0 cold. 14.2-13.5 hot, and in neutral drop to 13 sometimes 12.8 depending on the note.
                  That's BNR alternators from ebay. Check 'em out. They are cheap but I've been trying too blow this one up but it's great. I paid 325 for 350 amps at 1700 and 170 at idle.
                  sigpic

Comment

Rebuild time lmao... They don't like 8000w RMS.. Looking at PSI re-cones but may get more Sundown re-cones and just be easy on them. 152 DB is a little outta control. If I went 4 X18s I'd be in the 156-157 range and I'm not goin there.

That's a completely burnt and separated 3' voice coil if anyone was wondering.

Ready for me to rebuild. Well, I have to grind the epoxy on the basket and spider area and shim the motor and drop in the coil and spider and glue it, but after that it will be a new sub again.

The other Sundown X18 is ok (impedance test at 3.4 per coil) but I bet it's close to death even with good readings. You can see where the sub coil was bottoming out on the motor on the blown one so I'm sure the other one is exactly the same.
                    Last edited by FunFordCobra; 10-01-2016, 05:22 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I meant to ask, but forgot. How did the rebuild turn out? Get everything back together?

Comment

Well I haven't had time to build the wall for 4 18s yet. I'm waiting a few more months. I kept the blown x18 and just bought 2 new ones and stored them. I have all the hardware. I just need the time. I'm expecting 155-156db since I'm already tapping close to 152db with this shitty ass box. My goal really is 150+ DB at 20-25hz. I couldn't really care less about SPL, its just a nice bonus. I like low end.

Inverting my subs helped since the jackass didn't calculate for bracing. I really don't like how the panels came out around the sundown logo, but hey all I had was a hand dremmel at the time.

Stacked my amps and it solved my heating problems without having to add fans. Just got them off the carpet. They are running at .5 ohm each. The Mid range and High amps are running @ 4ohm. Both are Sundown 300w and the bass is scv 4000s strapped.

Fabbed up some more speakers up front to replace my alpines. These were expensive as hell and to be completely honest I like the sound of the alpines better. These are much louder though. At least I'm 100% sundown now.

Mechman 370. Bitch cost me 700 bucks but its worth it. I had a ebay "350a" in there before and having this one is like night and day with voltage drops. I may throw the old on back on with the mechman. I have clamped 800a going to my bass amps alone. Clamped 7800w true RMS at .5 ohm so one 370 amp alternator still doesn't cut it. I'm in the realm of dual alts now. This one is working very hard and runs very hot.
                          Last edited by FunFordCobra; 10-09-2016, 07:16 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Fuck that's a crazy setup!

Comment

DUN DUUUN!

Just waiting on Sundown to build me new subs!
                              sigpic

Comment

Got 3 ohio generator 300 amp alts in now. Mechman 370 is gone.

Took out all the 1/0 CCA and did 4 runs of OFC power 1/0 and 4 runs of OFG 1/0 neg. Also had to make some D blocks. I don't like how they came out but they will work for now. .1 voltage drop from alt to rear bank. 240 ft and 1k later...

This is nowhere near done.. It will have lights, fans, more panels, amp racks, ect but I will be building on this. Electrical is 100% functional right now. All switches and volt gauges are working to the back, just need to hook up relays and go from there.

Box is on point. I will be adding more panels but the cabin is 100% sealed. Its 28 sq ft net and about 35 gross. Tuned to 25 I'm expecting around 156 on 10k but the guy who sealed it and did my roof said it could possibly do 158s. Not at 45hz either we are talking 158 @ 28 hz or so lol

Still waiting on my subs to be built >.>
                                They are sundown X18 V.2 with upgraded zv5 frames and NS V.3 coils.

More in a few weeks..
                                Last edited by FunFordCobra; 11-21-2016, 06:25 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X