Hobby Lobby’s racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Lobby’s racism.

Facebook user Daniell Rider posted a photo to Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page, of a vase of cotton flowers displayed in a Texas store. She captioned it, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton... A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves. ..."

On Thursday, Facebook user Daniell Rider posted a photo to Hobby Lobby’s Facebook page, of a vase of cotton flowers displayed in a Texas store. She captioned it, “This decor is WRONG on SO many levels. There is nothing decorative about raw cotton… A commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves. A little sensitivity goes a long way. PLEASE REMOVE THIS ‘décor.’”

What a dumb bitch. Does she think that farmers stopped planting cotton once slavery was made illegal? My grandmother on my adopted dads side grew up on a cotton farm in northern Arkansas and picked cotton from about the day she learned to walk until she turned 13 and was then made to work in the kitchen cooking 3 meals a day for nearly 35 farm hands and she was white. I have a buddy who is black and in his late 70s who grew up in east Texas and loved picking cotton because he was good at it and it paid cash on the spot once you were done. He did let me know that it was a hard as hell job and my grandmother told me the same thing. The Marines and Vietnam were what took him out of the fields.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

slaves...doing jobs that Americans won't do...whether they like it or not.

My dad grew up in east Texas (DeKalb). To make a living, in the summer, his family grew (and picked) cotton and in the winter they cut and sold firewood. Yet, they did it w/o a single slave.

fuck you! you stupid, whiney ass, bitch ass, racist crybaby's who probably have never picked cotton a day in your life!! I've picked it before, just to see what it's like. Those plants will slice up your fingers if you're not careful. I cannot image doing it for hours at a time.
      Last edited by line-em-up; 09-18-2017, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Just soooo tired of this shit....

I've pretty much tuned it out.

Just static in the background myopic stupidity.

Comment

"Facebook user..." is all that need be said, lol.

Comment

My family picked cotton to survive and that was almost 100 years after slavery was illegal. Dumb cunt.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Racism is on both sides everybody knows it

Comment

Working...
              X