Dan Bailey cut...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Bailey cut...

The cowboys just cut their best offensive weapon from the last 7 years..... The guy has been a rock, never misses, one of the best kickers of all time, and they just cut him....

The Dallas Cowboys cut veteran kicker Dan Bailey on Saturday afternoon and will move forward with Brett Maher, who spent the last four seasons in the CFL.

He went from 93.8% in 2015 to 84.4% in 2016 to 75% in 2017. He looks to be on a decline. He missed 5 field goals and 2 extra points last year. He hasn't really been the same after a groin injury. I assume this is why they let him go. I'm still not sure I would have done it though.
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
      He went from 93.8% in 2015 to 84.4% in 2016 to 75% in 2017. He looks to be on a decline. He missed 5 field goals and 2 extra points last year. He hasn't really been the same after a groin injury. I assume this is why they let him go. I'm still not sure I would have done it though.
      Most of those misses in 2016 were from 50+, he only missed two in the 40-49 range. Last year, he was on fire until the groin issue. I remember the Nick Folk, Shaun Suisham, David Buehler trifecta before Bailey came in and it SUCKED.

Comment

Watch him go to another team and get right back to his old self.
        2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
          Most of those misses in 2016 were from 50+, he only missed two in the 40-49 range. Last year, he was on fire until the groin issue. I remember the Nick Folk, Shaun Suisham, David Buehler trifecta before Bailey came in and it SUCKED.
          And grammatica and vanderslice and all the other ones before... FUCK!!

Maybe we can get a thug that beats on ladies so he’s always in the news and makes Jerry $$
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Kickers are a dime a dozen. Bailey hasn't been the same, and they saved something like $3.4 million. If Bailey was still Bailey he'd be worth paying, but he's not. Might as well save the money and address another need.

Sure, it sucks to lose a favorite. But for too long, Jerry has dealt in loyalty and overpaid players for past performance. They quit doing so about four years ago, and this is just another decision under that idea. I'm good with it, I think it's best for the team to move on.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The Rook looked really well and was hitting from mid field. Brent is right, kickers are a dime a dozen.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I guess I’m just stuck back years ago when Dallas had serious kicker issues for a while.. this is now such a new team.. Hell, maybe that’s a good thing.
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  The Rook looked really well and was hitting from mid field. Brent is right, kickers are a dime a dozen.
                  The problem is, he's not a rookie, he went undrafted back in 2013 and hasn't kicked a single field goal in a regular season game. That scares me, considering how many games the Cowboys win or lose by 3 points.

Comment

I believe Brent is going to be singing a different story when this replacement misses the game winnig kick against Carolina.

But we shall see

Comment

Guy wasn’t that reliable anyways. Seen him shank a few as far as I’m concerned gtfo bye!!!

Comment

If Dallas would get a hard nosed no bull shit coach in there we can get things going

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                          Guy wasn’t that reliable anyways. Seen him shank a few as far as I’m concerned gtfo bye!!!
                          2nd best ever, unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                            Please enlighten us all with more of your sports knowledge, so we can all bet the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I believe Brent is going to be singing a different story when this replacement misses the game winnig kick against Carolina.

But we shall see
                              I don’t think Dallas will be within 3 of Carolina at the end of the game, so non issue.

I get where you’re coming from, but I disagree. Everyone wants to complain that Jerry overpays people for past performance then complain when he breaks the cycle.

Because they broke the cycle, this team is young. Youngest in NFL. And they’ve stacked some talent. Sure, we’ve got some positions left to address. Safety, WR, and need some more LB depth. And this cut might hurt. As have some of the others we have walked away from. Murray, Ware, Dez, etc. I really do think this is best move for the team.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X