No announcement yet.

Couple life updates and a shameless plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very proud of you and that other Alien holster hating, Costa tactical tape wearing assholeface! Dead serious. You two are awesome.
    Keep it up, my good man. As far as the daughter raising is concerned, you have all the time in the world to think up how you are going rain holy hell on her dating life.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Very proud of you and that other Alien holster hating, Costa tactical tape wearing assholeface! Dead serious. You two are awesome.
      Keep it up, my good man. As far as the daughter raising is concerned, you have all the time in the world to think up how you are going rain holy hell on her dating life.
      Thanks man
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

fuck you

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Thanks man
          Daughters are terrifying. I know you see a bunch of mine on the Book of Faces. Strap in and get ready for a ride, brother!!!
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Hey thanks man! No babies for me yet. Maybe next year.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              fuck you
              Wouldn’t expect anything less. Eat a dick, fuck stick
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Congrats!

Do you know who the father is?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Congrats!

Damnit, you beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Congrats!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Damnit, you beat me to it!
                    2011GT tree’d both of y’all

Comment

2011GT tree’d both of y’all
                      I dont know what that means, but I guess I just looked right over his post.

Shit. Now I'm the asshole.

Comment

Alcohol is a helluva drug, my Mom's currently in the process of literally drinking herself to death, and completely oblivious and powerless. The only things missing are the Vegas hotel room and hooker, not quite as glamorous as all that.

Enjoy the break, unfortunately you're probably in it for the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          Alcohol is a helluva drug, my Mom's currently in the process of literally drinking herself to death, and completely oblivious and powerless. The only things missing are the Vegas hotel room and hooker, not quite as glamorous as all that.

Enjoy the break, unfortunately you're probably in it for the long haul.
                          I feel guilty a lot. My two sisters are still in Texas. Being in NC I’m removed from a lot of it. The younger one which is still in HS refuses to live there if he is drinking, so she has been living with the other sister.

It got really bad last year, he and my mom got in a fight, he ran upstairs, shit his door and cranked a round off through the ceiling.

My mom refused to buy him alcohol a while later, so he walked to the store and ended up getting arrested for public intox.

Before rehab last time he seemed like he wanted to get help. But ended up right back where he was. I want him to meet my kid so badly, I remember who he was before the alcohol. Just want that dude back.

Comment

I want him to meet my kid so badly, I remember who he was before the alcohol. Just want that dude back.
                            We moved back to Texas specifically to be closer to family, and Mom had to practically be begged to come over if there wasn't a gathering where she could drink comfortably. Our son, who is 4, hardly knows her, and it's heartbreaking. He has a better relationship with his grandparents in Russia, who he's visited twice, but sees on Skype just about every day. My brother has two kids slightly younger than Christopher, and it's the same story. She has every reason to be a present grandmother to these 3 young kids, and has to drink instead.

Now that we're back in Sacramento she's put herself in the hospital, and I do wish that I were able to have visited her while she was in there, but I also realize that her progression has nothing to do with where the family she rarely sees lives. I watched her get worse the two years we were there, not better, and she told my brother while in the hospital that she wanted her champagne when she got home. Not at all the patriarch I thought she'd be.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that your Dad is still in there, but he's going to have to be the one to decide he wants a different life. Nobody else, grandkids included, are more important than alcohol, because that's what is disease tells him. One of my greatest sources of pride/peace is to know that my son will never know the type of father I would have been while I was drinking.

Comment

I'm going to make a serious post and say thank you to those of you in this thread (and it happens in others) that have shared about your life and family who battle addictions. It's real, and often we feel alone in the struggle with family/friends/self over it. To know that there are others in similar situations is comforting, especially when it helps put the focus on them making a choice to be who/what they are. Good luck and prayers to anyone going through this currently.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                                I'm going to make a serious post and say thank you to those of you in this thread (and it happens in others) that have shared about your life and family who battle addictions. It's real, and often we feel alone in the struggle with family/friends/self over it. To know that there are others in similar situations is comforting, especially when it helps put the focus on them making a choice to be who/what they are. Good luck and prayers to anyone going through this currently.
                                Good post.

Huge congrats Ben.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X