Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's amazing the stuff you can say in an interview when you already have a job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Negative, that process is how you determine what you're truly worth in the marketplace. Sure, you may think your current employer is paying you baller money, but the only way to know for sure is to go through the interview process to see if other companies will beat your current compensation by a sizeable amount.
    I was just talking shit, dude.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
      Nah, actually I am really grateful. I must remain humble... I remember when I was desperate for work and was actually not a desirable employee.

Through a lot of hard work I am of some value on this earth again.

I also have a bit of loyalty to my current company and this other gig would have put me on the road quite a bit, and I like my own bed, and my wife and dog.
      Good on you man, congrats!

David

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Negative, that process is how you determine what you're truly worth in the marketplace. Sure, you may think your current employer is paying you baller money, but the only way to know for sure is to go through the interview process to see if other companies will beat your current compensation by a sizeable amount.
        This is true.

I was asked/courted to come on an interview with a competitor and was in the same situation as the OP where I could say anything I wanted to say, respectfully, and it turned out to be a really good conversation. He knew I am being underpaid and wanted to offer significantly more money but for other reasons, I’m staying where I’m at for now.

David

Comment

Its such a good feeling to interview and get an offer when you are comfortably employed.

I love it when interviewers realize you are sitting there on near equal grounds. You arnt desperate, you are interested, but they damn sure need to be able to sell the job as attractive to you, rather than have you beg to be hired.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            If SVO is boarding, then it's a yacht. SVO Bilzerian doesn't fuck with boats.
            I hate boats with a passion
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              If SVO is boarding, then it's a yacht. SVO Bilzerian doesn't fuck with boats.
              Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              If you can walk on water, who needs a boat?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                If you can walk on water, who needs a boat?
                Me if I want to not sink.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  ...all your missing is the girlfriend!
                  And a boat!

Comment

It’s so sweet when you can do that. Something similar happened to me when I was at HP. However I actually had to give them my notice. They came back 24hrs later to beat the offer that was in front of me and threw in 30K in stock and two months salary as a retention bonus.

Comment

That is cool, being pursued is always awesome and flattering. But being humble is king. Just remember you’re riding somebody’s payroll.

Comment

So in honor of this forum.....did you waste their time or did they waste your time?

Comment

They wasted their own time. They didn't act fast enough when I countered.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                            A: No, since we last talk, I have had my review and an increase that is going to keep me put for the foreseeable future. Unless you can raise it up to $25k.
                            Shoulda said that

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Please explain why.
                            WH

Comment

A smart person knows when they are in a good job. Job hopping can certainly up your paycheck but sometimes it's just not worth it due to heavy travel or instability of the position and/or company. There has been more than one person that made the jump from a good company for more money and soon found themselves unemployed.

I was an IT contractor for 20+ years and that gave me a lot of experience seeing how companies operate and how happy their employees were. Most of the companies I contracted with over the years were miserable places to work with unhappy employees. There were a very few of them that i'd ever consider taking a permanent position with.

The company I work for now is great compared to those other miserable companies - I'm happy and I have no intention of leaving anytime soon.

Sounds like Chris knows he's in the saddle and he can call the shots

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                Please explain why.
                                Remember the boat story? Poor SVO was on the receiving end after trying to single-handedly take down a craft with some 25 Somalian pirates.

Comment

Working...
                                X