Lincoln Aviator (Mach 1 engine) tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Aviator (Mach 1 engine) tick

My buddy's Aviator is getting grumpy. A slight ticking sound has turned into a louder ticking sound. Initial google search says everything from timing chain tensioner to stuck lifter to rod knock = boom bitch.

I know you guys have plenty of mod motor experience. Any guesses as to what is the most likely culprit? Any recommendations as to who on the Fort Worth/Arlington side of the world is a trustworthy expert to look at it?

Thanks in advance for any help on this one.

If it has misfire codes for the rear cylinders along with that tick it's probably time to send it to Mexico. Those engines burned exhaust valves pretty regularly and it's nearly 30 hours to replace the heads that weren't really improved so it'll do the same thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      If it has misfire codes for the rear cylinders along with that tick it's probably time to send it to Mexico. Those engines burned exhaust valves pretty regularly and it's nearly 30 hours to replace the heads that weren't really improved so it'll do the same thing again.
      Woof. That’s no good. I don’t think it’s throwing any codes so hopefully that’s a good sign.

Comment

Thanks BP & Blake, I'm the one with the problem child. It's an 05, which is the aluminum one. Has had perfect maintenance its whole life, so, this stinks. Was ticking a bit, like a single lifter/etc, then today, it seems have have a few ticks. Quick unscientific sound check, sounds like right bank, mid to front.

Comment

Working...
        X