Jet Skis... am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    So did you have to quit your job just to have enough time to maintain all those vehicles? 3 boats... no fuckin thanks
    Really just 2 -1/2 boats, one main ski boat, one race boat that's primarily a project/parts source and another older Sport/Ski boat that I'm in partners with my buddy... his boat & trailer & money with my engine & labor (& money).

I was in the marine biz for many years... it hard to get away from it once it's in your blood.

That's why the thought of getting another watercraft is so outrageous.... I can't even believe I'm considering it.

Maybe the urge will pass before I can act on it.

mardyn

Comment

Jet ski + s/c

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
        bro! get a stand up and i will get one. i always wanted one.
        Can't remember... didn't they quit making the stand up ones for awhile? But it looks like they make them again now. Also looks like they got bigger. I'd want one of the smaller ones. Looks like they'd be more fun.

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post

However, if you are buying them to drag to crazy busy "in-town" lake boat ramps every weekend and take the whole family out.... I'd pass.
        I'm still looking for a lake that doesn't see very much use. Or at least, is a lake that just happens to be used somewhat less than most others. Know any like that?
        WH

Comment

Can't stand jet fleas.

Comment

Getting targeted by boats is less than ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Getting targeted by boats is less than ideal.
              I own both and you must obey the law when it comes to right away no matter which vessel your using. Not sure what you mean by targeting

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                I own both and you must obey the law when it comes to right away no matter which vessel your using. Not sure what you mean by targeting
                It's like dirtbikes and quads. There is just a level of disdain between the two. I get that you have to obey the law, but boaters tend to have a certain disdain for jet skiers.

Comment

Jet skis are a blast for about 30 minutes. After 30 mins you’ve done everything you will ever do on them. If you have a boat already and can afford jet skis too then go for it. If the choice is between the two, I vote boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    It's like dirtbikes and quads. There is just a level of disdain between the two. I get that you have to obey the law, but boaters tend to have a certain disdain for jet skiers.
                    Another reason I'd like to find a low usage lake.

Does seem like you could just go where there weren't any boats at the time though. Whoever is there first, the other guy should fuck off.
                    WH

Comment

The euphoria of the "missed deal" is kinda' wearing off now and my common sense is coming back into play...

I think I'll rent a ski for a day to see if it's something I'd really enjoy or if the thrill is gone after a few quick blasts around the cove.

I appreciate everyone's opinions... I'll keep y'all posted as I continue along this path.

mardyn

Comment

Super jet is my favorite OG badass but there are so many different skis for different things. What are you wanting to do with them?

Comment

The new RxpX or RTX are sexy AF.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                            The euphoria of the "missed deal" is kinda' wearing off now and my common sense is coming back into play...

I think I'll rent a ski for a day to see if it's something I'd really enjoy or if the thrill is gone after a few quick blasts around the cove.

I appreciate everyone's opinions... I'll keep y'all posted as I continue along this path.

mardyn
                            Possum Kingdom Lake is an awesome lake to Jetski and or boat on but then again I’m sure you probably already know that. There’s a place called Sam’s dock boat rentals and party barges. Phone number 940-779-3737. They have an awesome selection of pontoon boat and Jetskis. Great place to try one out because the lake is so big and diverse.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                              Possum Kingdom Lake is an awesome lake to Jetski and or boat on but then again I’m sure you probably already know that. There’s a place called Sam’s dock boat rentals and party barges. Phone number 940-779-3737. They have an awesome selection of pontoon boat and Jetskis. Great place to try one out because the lake is so big and diverse.

David
                              And deep as hell and has had alligators and sharks. Who knows what lurks down there in the deep... in the dark...
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                And deep as hell and has had alligators and sharks. Who knows what lurks down there in the deep... in the dark...
                                LMAO

FEEL ya man!

David

Comment

Working...
                                X