Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your car audio "test" playlist consist of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your car audio "test" playlist consist of?

Just curious what you guys listen to while testing out your car audio systems? Specifically what tracks do you listen to. And does it matter listening to it on a CD versus some sort of plug in media like a USB stick, iPod, etc? I'm guessing streaming over Bluetooth would be out right?

power supply "my 5.0"

CD's are generally better quality than streaming audio or bluetooth. MP3's are compressed too.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

THX intro sound!

Comment

Definitely CD and Hotel California used to be the USACi standard for sound quality, not sure what they use now. Pink noise with a good RTA is a nice start though.

Comment

Actually let me elaborate. CD will be better quality than AAC or MP3 but it's only going to be as good as what it was mastered from. Compared to an ipod or most smartphones the CD will be better.

The various lossless formats will sound better than CDs though if the original media is worth it. However most people will never notice a difference so most players and devices don't support it.

Comment

Dire Straits- Money For Nothing
            Eagles- Hotel California
            Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon (several)
            Muse- several tracks
            Don Henley- Dirty Laundry
            Awolnation- Sail

Hell there's a lot more I could add...thats just a very basic quick list

Comment

Project Pat/ thread

Comment

Wiz and too short - on my level
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Actually let me elaborate. CD will be better quality than AAC or MP3 but it's only going to be as good as what it was mastered from. Compared to an ipod or most smartphones the CD will be better.

The various lossless formats will sound better than CDs though if the original media is worth it. However most people will never notice a difference so most players and devices don't support it.
                  My iPod only has Apple "lossless" on it, and it's way better than normal MP3, but still nowhere close to CD quality. If I'm gonna jam, it's gotta be CD or DVD.

Hotel California from an Eagles concert DVD is my go-to.

Comment

All CD's
                    ZZ Top Six Pack Set- Blue Jean Blues
                    Jeff Beck - Blue Wind
                    Rush- La Villa Strangiato
                    Yes-Roundabout

Comment

Madonna has several tunes. Enigma, Metallica, Awolnation, EazyE...........
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I used to use have a frequency response disk that I would use.

I also found the drumline movie soundtrack to be useful.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the info! Also if you can, please be specific as far as an artist and song

Looks like I'll need to go back over my music collection and start getting higher bit rate replacements as I have a lot of 128-256 kbps music. Actually looking at it now a lot of it is in between so I really need to get something more uniform.

What is typically considered CD Quality? 256 kbps?

Oh and I did listen to Hotel California yesterday and I guess I never noticed how good this song was from an SQL standpoint. Wow! Just wow!

So far here are some of the songs I've got on my playlist.

U2 - With or Without You
                          Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
                          Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
                          Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
                          PM Dawn - Set Adrift on Memory Bless
                          AWOLNATION - Sail
                          Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle, Live and Let Die, November Rain
                          Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
                          The Who - Baba O'Reily
                          Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody, Under Pressure
                          Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow, Rock That Body

I got some ideas on what to put on this playlist by Google searching for SQL Playlist and I came up with the following.

Music and driving, like ranch dressing and fries, are two things that go great together. When a vehicle is equipped with a good audio system, it helps complete a journey that starts when you twist the key and ends when you arrive at your destination whistling the song you just listened to.

Whenever I attend a show that features audio demos—be it CEDIA, CES, or any of the numerous regional audio shows—I make a point of cataloging the tracks I hear. The best demos use music that's carefully selected to highlight one or more desirable attributes of the system, and in that context...

Comment

Hotel California is my go-to, and I also like Stairway to Heaven since it starts out soft and progresses from there.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My hearing isn't good enough to discern the difference. As long as I can turn it up without distortion, I'm usually fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X