This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    we need your range selections, rates, and ammo restrictions.
    I posted this in the other thread, sorry.

Thanks man, here is the info on our range.

At Great Southwest Gun we offer two climate controlled indoor ranges with a state of the art ventilation & Lighting System providing a safe, clean and pleasant facility for you, your family, and friends to enjoy the sports of shooting and Archery.
    We offer 13 shooting lanes with shooting distances up to 20 yards on the Rifle/Pistol Range & up to 20 yards on the hand gun range.We also offer a dedicated Target and 3D Archery range with distances up to 25 yards all under one roof.

Rates & Membership

Great Southwest Gun is open to the public.

Shooting Archery
    Non member $16.50 $14.50

2nd Shooter 1 lane $9.50

Range Member $14.50 $12.50

Level I Member $7.95 $10.95

Level II Member FREE FREE

Law Enforcement $10.00 $10.00

Rental
    *Rental gun ammunition must be purchased at Great Southwest Gun.

Handgun Rental $10.00 ($5.00 ea additional)

Rifle Rental $18.95 ($7.50 ea additional)

Shotgun Rental $14.95

Bow Rental $12.00

Rental Packages
    Rental packages are available and include range fee, gun/bow rental, ear & eye protection and 1 target.
    Prices do not reflect the cost of ammunition.

Handgun Package $24.95 + ammo

Ar15 Package $29.99 + ammo

Ak47 Package $29.99 + ammo

Compound Bow Package $34.95

We are set to open the 2nd week of December.
    Www.greatsouthwestgun.com

Comment

Anyone ever tried www.texaspistol.com?

Comment

Good list, nice to have. Thanks.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

FYI: Bass Pro Grapevine is now $12.99/hour. However, if you go during the weekday and it's not busy, they will let you stay longer than an hour before asking you to leave. Just be courteous and clean up your brass.

Comment

Garland Public was NO FMJ last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
              FYI: Bass Pro Grapevine is now $12.99/hour. However, if you go during the weekday and it's not busy, they will let you stay longer than an hour before asking you to leave. Just be courteous and clean up your brass.
              I hate their targets there.

Also, I don't see this one on the list:

Gun Talk, Tactical Training for Firearms Focus, Second Amendment Discussions and more. Click to read The Shooters Club, a Substack publication with thousands of subscribers.
              Last edited by Marisa; 12-30-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 94StangFiveO View Post
                Garland Public was NO FMJ last time I was there.
                Rifle: No FMJ
                Handgun: doesn't matter

I called to confirm back in October and when I was there they randomly checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                  Rifle: No FMJ
                  Handgun: doesn't matter

I called to confirm back in October and when I was there they randomly checked.
                  Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marisa View Post

http://www.theshootersclub.com/
                    the human silhouette targets are only like two bucks. i usually get a couple of those. and they usually give me about 3-4 of those crappy little black targets that you're probably referring to. i just use those for short range (15 ft.).

i like the fact that you can shoot FMJs there and on slow days they don't enforce the 1 hour limit. i stayed for a 1.5 hours one time and just ran out of ammo and had other things to do. and they didn't say anything to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Marisa View Post

http://www.theshootersclub.com/
                      I'm a lifetime member there. Nice little place and doesn't get to over crowded. It is a private club so you have to buy a $10 membership.

Comment

Quail creek is now $14/pp to shoot pistol and rifle. They have made a lot of improvements out there such as carpeted table tops and fully covered shooting positions on the 100yd, 50yd, 25,yd, and at both pistol ranges. I didn't know they were no NFA there...I'll ask them about it next week when I head out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                          Quail creek is now $14/pp to shoot pistol and rifle. They have made a lot of improvements out there such as carpeted table tops and fully covered shooting positions on the 100yd, 50yd, 25,yd, and at both pistol ranges. I didn't know they were no NFA there...I'll ask them about it next week when I head out there.
                          Are they still non-FMJ?
                          IMG_0424

Comment

Passed by this place the other day. 35W N between Golden Triangle and Heritage Trace.

Four Fort Worth Shoot Smart locations, with top gun range lane technology, LTC classes, gun rentals, and gunsmiths for the finest firearm experience in DFW.
                            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              Passed by this place the other day. 35W N between Golden Triangle and Heritage Trace.

http://www.shootsmarttx.com/
                              I live across 35 from there, pass it every day. Looks like they'll be open any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post

http://www.shootsmarttx.com/
                                I spoke to them at the gun show the other day. Looks like 25yrds is max distance but they will have a private lane with turning targets and allow drawing from holster etc. I asked about rate of fire and was told that the private lanes would be unregulated. He wouldn't say if the other lanes would have restrictions though.
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X