Lets talk about street tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    several of us went today to Taco Naan for $1 tacos.

I had the curry chicken, chicken 65, paneer, and chicken tikka masala.

All were great, and for a buck each i'll be back every wednesday
    I told you!

Comment

Burritos Locos on NW highway in Grapevine is damned good also.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Burritos Locos on NW highway in Grapevine is damned good also.
        Their taco's are a bit too greasy for me.

Comment

We had Tacodeli catered into work today. Not street tacos, but some pretty fucking delicious food.

Comment

Grease is good for you! That's a new one, noted.

Comment

La Unica in Frisco is good
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Chitos off 75 in Plano used to be excellent and $1. Haven't been for a few years though.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't get the whole street taco thing. I think they are small, bland, and frankly awful. Why do I want to spend $8 on 3 bites of shitty dry corn tortilla, a few crumbs of meat, and a shit ton of cilantro?

I live in Denton and used to work off the square. Friggen street taco's everywhere. In my opinion it's just another thing people only like because they think it makes them look cool.

Comment

Maybe those you've tried just suck. I've encountered a couple that I'd say are easily better than taco bell or taco bueno. I think a big part of their appeal is just to people who are near there and don't feel like driving far to get some food.
                    WH

Comment

Tranky's in Garland. Go try them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't get the whole street taco thing. I think they are small, bland, and frankly awful. Why do I want to spend $8 on 3 bites of shitty dry corn tortilla, a few crumbs of meat, and a shit ton of cilantro?

I live in Denton and used to work off the square. Friggen street taco's everywhere. In my opinion it's just another thing people only like because they think it makes them look cool.
                        That's the problem right there....denton square.

If you get street tacos at a hipster joint they are certainly overpriced and maybe bland.

If you go to a taqueria they're like $1 each, and decent flavor. They're never going to be the Americanized over flavored tacobell taco...but some seasoned meat, cilantro, onions and a spray of lime can be really good. And most taguerias have great salsa options.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post

You've lost your goddamned mind. And if you're paying $8 for 3 tacos, you need a new taco joint. If you can't see the pure joy in al pastor tacos on some greasy ass corn tortillas with onions and cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and drizzled with hot sauce, then you're an incredibly flawed human being.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            You've lost your goddamned mind. And if you're paying $8 for 3 tacos, you need a new taco joint. If you can't see the pure joy in al pastor tacos on some greasy ass corn tortillas with onions and cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and drizzled with hot sauce, then you're an incredibly flawed human being.
                            haha Couldn't have said it better myself. Al pastor tacos are where it's at. That was one of my faves on my trip to Nica. We need to do a food run one weekend with a bunch of us from here.

Comment

It was said earlier but El Paisanos in Dallas near Love Field is the shit. It's where that infamous late night Youtube fight broke out a couple years ago. Lol

Comment

Let's see if I spell it right.
                                Torta are the shit. I rather have one of those Mexican sammiches

Comment

Working...
                                X