No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started my keto diet this week. I'm hoping to do this for a couple of months. Usually I can get in the groove of eating keto friendly but this time around it's been challenging. I went to the gym Tuesday and was either lacking sleep or lacking energy cause my dumbbell press results were garbage. I was barely able to bench 85 lb dumbbells for 5 reps and then 3 reps. This was after a set of 7x65's and a set of 7x75's.

I'm hoping it's just because I'm in that phase where my body is still expecting carbs for energy and it just hasn't learned to use fat for energy although I know I'm lacking in the sleep department.

I want to throw more cardio in there to help with the fat loss but I don't want to sacrifice my strength gains. It sucks having to start over at a lower set/weight and work my way up again.
    Last edited by GeorgeG.; 07-13-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Way to go. I saw a huge increase in leaning out when I cut out carbs, simple sugars, and fruits. Switched to a more ketogenic style of eating but not full keto. Took about 2 weeks but suddenly I could tell a huge difference in the mirror and the way my clothes fit and my veins started popping out of my arms.

That along with 50 to 100yrd sprints for cardio and intermittent fasting. 7 hours to eat and 17 hours of fast a day.

There is no way I could even budge 500 off the floor on a deadlift. lol But I am able to get 2 reps of 225 on the bench which is a huge milestone for me.

I was injury free for most of this year until 2 weeks ago and I pulled a hamstring pretty badly.
      I don't have the will power to do keto fully. Most I've been able to do was about 72 hours and then it went to hell. I just basically cut down from eating 6 meals a day to only 3 now. Just keeping it clean as possible with a cheat every other week. Did 500 for an easy triple earlier in the week and felt solid so I'm going to add and see where I'm at this week coming up. I know the struggle as far as bench goes. I was stuck on 225 forever and worked on my technique and now I can throw it up for 25 or so reps depending on how I'm feeling. 315 still kicks my ass. Most I've gotten on it is 5 reps and when I went for the 6th, my spotter saved me lol. I'm not too worried as far as my progress speed as long as I can see and feel halfway decent. I'm a pretty good sized guy and already get plenty of stares with some of my shenanigans. Injuries will happen you just have to learn to trust yourself. I currently have a tweaked right wrist so pushing movements don't feel that great right now. Right knee feels shaky and gave me fits last night doing squats so it's time to drop weight and make sure I'm doing everything the correct way. I have been busting my ass on core and working on abs. I can see my top 4 now, but won't see anything lower due to the excessive skin I have from my morbidly obese days. Keep on grinding Keith.
      2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Not 550, but pretty close. I'm sitting at 231 currently and nursing a knee issue that I got last week while doing squats. Wasn't even under the bar when it happened sadly. Stability is touch and go so I was stoked I could even do deads tonight.

Still progressing and doing my thing. Need a tan for sure, since I work overnights I'm damn near transparent.
        Last edited by R1psycho; 08-09-2017, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
          https://instagram.com/p/BXmXiCyhHNd/
          Not 550, but pretty close. I'm sitting at 231 currently and nursing a knee issue that I got last week while doing squats. Wasn't even under the bar when it happened sadly. Stability is touch and go so I was stoked I could even do deads tonight.

Still progressing and doing my thing. Need a tan for sure, since I work overnights I'm damn near transparent.
          Good job. I'd like to pull 405. I've done 375 for a rep and I think I could have gone higher but I don't need anymore injuries. 325 for 5 and a few sets is where I top out at on deadlift routines.

I haven't touched weights in 2 weeks or more. I got back to my base Sunday but immediately hit with sinus and upper respiratory infection. Nearing the end of it today and should be back in the gym in 2 days.

These next 10 weeks I'm pouring in the calories and upping my protein intake. hopefully I can put some clean mass on then spend another 8 weeks trimming down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            I started my keto diet this week. I'm hoping to do this for a couple of months. Usually I can get in the groove of eating keto friendly but this time around it's been challenging. I went to the gym Tuesday and was either lacking sleep or lacking energy cause my dumbbell press results were garbage. I was barely able to bench 85 lb dumbbells for 5 reps and then 3 reps. This was after a set of 7x65's and a set of 7x75's.

I'm hoping it's just because I'm in that phase where my body is still expecting carbs for energy and it just hasn't learned to use fat for energy although I know I'm lacking in the sleep department.

I want to throw more cardio in there to help with the fat loss but I don't want to sacrifice my strength gains. It sucks having to start over at a lower set/weight and work my way up again.
            You can do it. I started Keto on June 24th, weighed in at 267. Saturday morning I weighed in at 229. Feel 10x better. My goal is 200.
            Last edited by SMKR; 08-14-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Hit a personal best yesterday on the bench. 230lbs for 2 reps without a spot. First rep felt fantastic. Second rep took me a little umph to get it locked out but I did it all unassisted. My goal in the next 90 days is 225 for 5 good clean reps.

Last month I got off intermittent fasting so I can up the calories and protein intake. I'll go back to it and cutting carbs and sugars in 30 days. Leaving 60 days to trim down before I head home again.

I'm taking the family on a cruise in December so I'm trying to clean things up to look my best. 90 days to go.
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 09-04-2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

• I've got a little more to go but I'm almost there. I've got a cruise in 42 days and r&r hopefully in a month. With a lot of work, I can get the rest of my midsection fat gone and start showing lower abs for a change.

Down to 178. Pants are 34s and I need 32s probably. Belt is a large and it will be replaced with medium soon since it can't cinch any tighter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Awesome Keith keep it up. I dropped all the way down to 226 and now starting to add some size again. I was able to see where I need to focus and now just need to follow through.

Comment

Awesome Keith keep it up. I dropped all the way down to 226 and now starting to add some size again. I was able to see where I need to focus and now just need to follow through.
                    Great progress!

I have been going on a 2month/2month cycle split down the middle. First 2 months I eat 3 meals a day and keep carbs to a minimum but zero sugars while I up the weight and drop the reps at higher weight numbers to around 5. Then the last 2 months I eat in a 6 hour window and fast the other 18 while I cut carbs below 50g a day and zero sugar and drop the weight in pounds but up the reps for 10-15. But I add in a lot more cardio and abs/core routines.

It is a cycle that works well for me and at the end of each 4 months I am stronger than I was going in and leaner.

Food options suck here. Trying to gain clean weight is near impossible or I would be able to eat 3 meals a day, not have to intermittent fast and could still get the benefits of gaining muscle from foods for the workouts I do and still drop fat.

Comment

• Great progress Keith. Keep it up.

I've been having a hell of a time getting back down to 183. That was the lowest I got about a year ago and I've slowly gained back up to 194 this morning. My goal is actually 175 but I'd be happy just getting back to my lowest thus far.

I'm back to introducing more cardio and clean up my diet but damn it, this shit is hard.

Not to mention I'm taking a break from TRT. I probably have another month of my natty test boosters and I may get some blood work to see where I'm at naturally and go from there.

Comment

• Thanks George. I actually hit my goal weight of 175 3 or 4 days ago and I am 18 days from coming home. Time to set a new goal.

It's time to buy new pants too. These 34s are in desperate need to be replaced with some 32s.

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                        Great progress Keith. Keep it up.

I've been having a hell of a time getting back down to 183. That was the lowest I got about a year ago and I've slowly gained back up to 194 this morning. My goal is actually 175 but I'd be happy just getting back to my lowest thus far.

I'm back to introducing more cardio and clean up my diet but damn it, this shit is hard.

Not to mention I'm taking a break from TRT. I probably have another month of my natty test boosters and I may get some blood work to see where I'm at naturally and go from there.

Comment

• I’m still alive. Finally found something I’ve been able to stick with and I’m noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. I’ve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I’m still alive. Finally found something I’ve been able to stick with and I’m noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. I’ve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
                            Keep it up. Find what works for you and stick with it.

I am doing a body comp test in December myself. I'll be on a cruise so I am doing it the first day. Cause I am sure I will blow my diet shortly afterwards. I am going to try my best to watch the carbs and sugars and still hit the gym on the boat but I am also going to enjoy myself too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              I’m still alive. Finally found something I’ve been able to stick with and I’m noticing gains. 3 months ago I was sitting at 206 at 19%bf. I’ve been doing great on diet and workouts since then, gonna go get checked measured again first thurs of December
                              Keep it up. Find what works for you and stick with it.

You still planning on getting out? How much time you got left?

I am doing a body comp test in December myself. I'll be on a cruise so I am doing it the first day. Cause I am sure I will blow my diet shortly afterwards. I am going to try my best to watch the carbs and sugars and still hit the gym on the boat but I am also going to enjoy myself too.

Comment

Starting off the new year at 254#. My plan for this year: keep adding size and strength. Going to shoot for a 40x bench, 365 is my max currently, attempt to hit 550+ on deads, 485 is my current and see how far I can go on squats.

What are everyone's goals?
                                Sitting back at 235# after gaining since I stopped the cut. As far as my lift goals
                                Squat- 385 don’t see myself going much past 405
                                Bench- 365 is still my max. Able to move 315 for 4-5 without a spot. I’ve just hit a lull, but incline 1mr is 315 now so there’s that.
                                Deads- smashed 550 goal and pulled up 605 for 1 last week. Now I need to work on my form some more before I even consider going heavier.
                                Positives Are abs are making a decent showing and I got the remaining fat off of my bitch tits and now just need to fill in the lower portion of my chest and I’ll be pretty happy considering how bad everything was 6-7 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X