No announcement yet.

EDC 2020 - Pandemic/Protest Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting that some of you are carrying revolvers or 1911's. Is everybody carrying spare magazines? Did anyone not carry a spare and is now?

Comment

I used to never carry a spare magazine because all the data on all of the self defense issues showed you didn't need one. Now with hoardes of "peaceful protestors" and no police in sight, I thought it'd be wiser to carry a spare mag. Sad isn't it? And I've also considered what do I want as a truck gun? Ranch rifle, AR, 9mm carbine, lever action, Ruger Scout? I may need to change it up and have a long arm close at all times now too.

It's a sad day and age when you go out for your morning bike ride and grab your P365 and a spare mag.

Comment

S&W Shield in 9mm and I keep a spare mag in the car.

Comment

How do you guys pack during the summer? I have trouble wearing shorts and a T-shirt and not printing, even with my smaller gun. And I live in a pretty liberal (unfortunately) area so that’s the last thing I want. I tend to appendix IWB but if it’s move a certain way or crouch you can see too much unless I’m being paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            How do you guys pack during the summer? I have trouble wearing shorts and a T-shirt and not printing, even with my smaller gun. And I live in a pretty liberal (unfortunately) area so that’s the last thing I want. I tend to appendix IWB but if it’s move a certain way or crouch you can see too much unless I’m being paranoid.
            I carry my Hellcat in a Sticky holster in my back pocket or in the small of my back..although I may have to rethink that temporarily due to injuring my rotator cuff which makes it rather painful to reach back there...and I'm not nearly as efficient with my left hand...might have to start working on that.

Comment

When I’m not on the office (which is most days now), I’m wearing baggy shorts for mtn biking or carhartt cargo shorts or their jeans. Big pockets and a picket holster. I also have one of those stretchy undershirt holsters too.

If I want I have OWB kydex holsters too. When I go that route I have big Carhartt flanel shirts to drape over.

Comment

The thing I don't like about pocket holsters and carrying in cargo shorts is that the gun then bangs around against my knee/leg like I'm carrying a weight in my pocket. I wish there was something that secured it more so it doesn't wobble around.

Comment

I still IWB carry around 3-3:30ish but if I lose 15 pounds it'll be a lot easier....
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    I used to never carry a spare magazine because all the data on all of the self defense issues showed you didn't need one. Now with hoardes of "peaceful protestors" and no police in sight, I thought it'd be wiser to carry a spare mag. Sad isn't it? And I've also considered what do I want as a truck gun? Ranch rifle, AR, 9mm carbine, lever action, Ruger Scout? I may need to change it up and have a long arm close at all times now too.

It's a sad day and age when you go out for your morning bike ride and grab your P365 and a spare mag.
                    I know numbers support minimal rounds fired for most defensive shootings. But what I've always been told is that if you are going to have any sort of failure with a semi auto, it's likely going to be magazine related and clearing the slide and replacing the magazine is going to be the quickest thing to do. I know the majority of the classes I've taken always have failure/reload drills to get you used to reloading faster and also to practice for a failure.

Probably not so much an issue for you guys but in my neck of the woods, robberies have occurred with people riding bikes. I probably wouldn't worry at Cedar Hill State Park and riding the DORBA trail there. But I've seen a few weird things Oak Cliff Nature Preserve and Boulder Park; drunk or people high on drugs on the trail, cars that have been broken into (especially when I typically go when it's not crowded), and even someone starting a fire. I don't wear super tight shorts like I've seen some guys wear riding a bike, usually roomy cargo shorts and my Glock 43 on an OWB holster is what I carry.

Haven't gotten around to carrying a truck gun... yet. But not sure if I would use a scout rifle or lever gun. For me it would be either an AR or a shotgun. Maybe a PCC.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    I rarely carry in a pocket, most of what I wear is loose fitting so a pocket gun is banging around in my pocket. In a holster is the most comfortable for me in the 3 o'clock position either IWB or OWB depending on what I'm doing. And mostly my Glock 17. I'm more comfortable with the grip and capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Interesting that some of you are carrying revolvers or 1911's. Is everybody carrying spare magazines? Did anyone not carry a spare and is now?

I used to just carry my Glock 26,no spare mag,now I carry extra full size 17 rnd mag. Probably should have the whole time.
                      satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

P320 xcompact with extra mag
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Kimber K6S

Comment

Nothing like a shotgun for the truck. Make sure it is loaded out with 00 buck, anything less is not going to do much.

Also, as of September last year it is legal in Texas to carry a club or brass knuckles. Nothing beats a nice steel friction lock baton. I have a 27" one. Most people piss their pants and decide they have an appointment somewhere else as soon as you pop it open.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Nothing like a shotgun for the truck. Make sure it is loaded out with 00 buck, anything less is not going to do much.

Also, as of September last year it is legal in Texas to carry a club or brass knuckles. Nothing beats a nice steel friction lock baton. I have a 27" one. Most people piss their pants and decide they have an appointment somewhere else as soon as you pop it open.
                              be careful just because they changed the carry laws doesn't mean you will be afforded the same legal protections as carrying and using a firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                                be careful just because they changed the carry laws doesn't mean you will be afforded the same legal protections as carrying and using a firearm.
                                I'm not one to just go pulling things like that out for the hell of it but if I have to do it I have some legal representation already on board thanks to some work relationships. I view it like a gun, I hope I never need it.
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X