CFI removal - wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFI removal - wiring question

Any of you done a CFI removal and know the wiring ? Have a specific question..

I switched one to a carb many years ago. What exactly are you trying to figure out?
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I realize I can just pull the main wires and plug on the ECU. Thats easy. I'm not sure what else needs to be unplugged.. What the heck are these wire and can I ditch them. THey're right by the ECU.
      I don't need the fuel pump. wiring (Sniper runs that independent ). Don't need an ignition source, I dropped an HEI in.
      These are my stumbling

Comment

Do you have any larger pictures?

Comment

The fords are pretty standard across the board, Mustang, truck, T-Bird, CR, etc. In my experience:

The yellow is Battery + for the PCM
          The red is Switched + for the PCM
          If the other one is Tan?Green then it is the Fuel pump.

You can trace the yellow and red back to the relay behind the battery to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
            The fords are pretty standard across the board, Mustang, truck, T-Bird, CR, etc. In my experience:

The yellow is Battery + for the PCM
            The red is Switched + for the PCM
            If the other one is Tan?Green then it is the Fuel pump.

You can trace the yellow and red back to the relay behind the battery to verify.
            Thank you sir. Sorry for the huge pics. I didn't preview the post.. Cant wait to fire this thing off..

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
              Do you have any larger pictures?
              Ha!

Comment

Thanks for the tips. You were correct. I got it to turn over, but my battery was pretty dead. But, at least the wiring is figured out. Any luck I should be able to start it tomorrow . Need some gas and a hot battery...

Comment

Working...
                X