Lone Star Medics course: Medic 1 4/1 - 4/2 in Ft. Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GE View Post
    One of the kits I was considering was Dark Angel Medical. Looks like they're doing some training but it's in Nov. Looks like they're cramming a lot of material in 2 days as well.

Be prepared. Carry a trauma kit. Stop the Bleed and start the breathing. Every Day Trauma Training and easy to use Trauma Kits and Individual First Aid Kits (IFAK)

The time to learn to use your personal trauma kit is not when you or someone else is bleeding out!!! When life expectancy is measured in seconds and help is minutes away, will you know what to do? In our uncertain lives, that is a question that we all need to be able to answer a resounding, “Yes!” to. Dark Angel Medical, LLC, is proud to offer training and instruction in the use of the D.A.R.K. The Direct Action Response Training** fills a niche between military self-aid/buddy care training and civilian EMS training and is geared towards those with little to no medical training or background. It provides the student with critical, need-to-know information, which can be utilized in a myriad of situations and stresses the ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ principle as well as our own principle of “Simplicity Under Stress”. The course is 2 days in length with a total of 16 hours of classroom work to include slide presentations, videos, question and answer sessions and hands-on practical skills application. A manual and all training aids will be provided. A D.A.R.K. (Direct Action Response Kit) may also be provided to each student as part of the tuition. ***There are no prerequisites for this class***

Included

The course covers the following:

Physiological and Psychological reactions to environmental stress
    The importance of having the proper Combat Mindset
    Basic Anatomy and Physiology of life-sustaining systems
    H, A, B, C’s—Hemorrhage, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
    Breakdown and usage of Individual Med Kit components
    Proper stowage and employment of the IMK
    Hands-on application of the IMK
    Basic and Advanced Airway management -treating and monitoring tension pneumothorax, sucking chest wound and flail chest
    Airway adjunct device placement-Nasopharyngeal Airway
    Basic First Aid and Advanced wound care
    Application of Bandages and Hemostatic Agents
    Application of tourniquets
    Recognition and Treatment of various injuries (Gunshot, Laceration, Burn, Airway, Head, Orthopedic, Environmental)
    Recognition and treatment of hypovolemic (hemorrhagic) shock
    Moving and positioning victims with various injuries
    Response to active shooter situation
    Proper use of cover and cover vs. concealment
    Casualty recovery in an Active Shooter situation
    Mass casualty triage procedure
    Emergency Medical Dialect/Lingo (911 protocol, cooperation with LE, Fire and EMS and First Responders)

Hardware/Kit

Note pad and pen/pencil/Sharpie
    Individual First Aid Kit—If you choose to. All training materials are provided.
    An open mind
    **Note: The Direct Action Response Training offers no formal certification. It is informational only.

Kerry (Dark angel) is on my list of classes to take whenever I get a chance. Dude is truly awesome. Also look into Matt Babika with Cleer medical. Caleb is obviously easier to take a class from being local, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a class from any of them
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Kerry (Dark angel) is on my list of classes to take whenever I get a chance. Dude is truly awesome. Also look into Matt Babika with Cleer medical. Caleb is obviously easier to take a class from being local, but I wouldn't hesitate to take a class from any of them
      Yeah, Lone Star's class in 4/1 and Dark Angel's class isn't until Nov.

Comment

Working...
      X