No announcement yet.

Lets talk about street tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nena's in Garland has some awesome barbacoa on homemade flour and homemade corn tortillas.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      I like Melis Taqueria on Vickery, it's across from the rail yard. Always get Tacos Al Pastor and they are the best I've had.

$1.60 a taco, no gracias

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        $1.60 a taco, no gracias
        Better than $3.50 at Taco Heads, and they want a tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          El Taco H or the fuel city? El Taco H is usually spot on, although I don't fuck with salsa or hot sauce.
          El Taco H, my apologies for not being clear.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            El Taco H, my apologies for not being clear.
            I'll have to make a point to go there for lunch and see what's up. It's been about a year since I have been.

Ever been to burrito loco in grapevine? It's been a while since I've been there, but they are also pretty good.

Comment

interesting, Ive been calling taco bell el taco hell for a long time.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Granny's Tacos
                703 long Ave
                fort Worth

Ran in an old gas station. Tacos are off the chain. Cash only. You only need 5 or 6 bucks cause 1 taco is gonna be all you need. Nowhere to sit but an old picnic table outside.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

El Paisa on Harry Hines is pretty good. I like my tacos with sides (beans/rice) so if they don't serve that...I usually don't go back

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    I'll have to make a point to go there for lunch and see what's up. It's been about a year since I have been.

Ever been to burrito loco in grapevine? It's been a while since I've been there, but they are also pretty good.
                    I haven't been to El Taco H in years. 5-6, at least.

Have not been to Burrito Loco.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      Granny's Tacos
                      703 long Ave
                      fort Worth

Ran in an old gas station. Tacos are off the chain. Cash only. You only need 5 or 6 bucks cause 1 taco is gonna be all you need. Nowhere to sit but an old picnic table outside.
                      This man right here knows what he's taking about, although these are more of burritos than tacos. Best tacos I've had are from jb junior's off of 25th street near the stockyards. Hands down my favorite I usually go with AL pastor.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        I know you and Jared just love that place, but I've been a handful of times and don't see the appeal. In my experience they've been bland and the salsa is meh. Maybe I keep catching them on off days. Need to give them another shot some time, I suppose.
                        Actually I think Jared hated it. He thought the tacos were small. Hell they were only a buck (that was also about 5-6 years ago) so just buy more!

My recommendation is to get Carnitas and/or Carne Asada tacos, and/or a Ceviche tostada. Their Al Pastor is kind of disappointing actually.

Their carnitas are the best I've had anywhere. The steak is right up there, but sometimes it's cold or stale. You know how it can be. And the ceviche is spicy and fresh, and served over guacamole spread on a tostada. Fucking amazing.

Red salsa is decent, green salsa has a little heat and a tartness that goes great with onion and cilantro. Their salsa bar has onions and jalapenos marinated in soy sauce with a little liquid smoke. Sounds weird, and I have no idea what you call it, but it adds a good saltiness to the tacos. I skip the habanero salsa because the flavor is usually bland and its hot as hell.

One downside, sometimes they get very aggressive with the oil when getting the corn tortillas prepared and it can gross you out with it dripping all over the place. Pro tip, you can order a frozen margarita from Baja Grill on the El Taco H side.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Actually I think Jared hated it. He thought the tacos were small. Hell they were only a buck (that was also about 5-6 years ago) so just buy more!

My recommendation is to get Carnitas and/or Carne Asada tacos, and/or a Ceviche tostada. Their Al Pastor is kind of disappointing actually.

Their carnitas are the best I've had anywhere. The steak is right up there, but sometimes it's cold or stale. You know how it can be. And the ceviche is spicy and fresh, and served over guacamole spread on a tostada. Fucking amazing.

Red salsa is decent, green salsa has a little heat and a tartness that goes great with onion and cilantro. Their salsa bar has onions and jalapenos marinated in soy sauce with a little liquid smoke. Sounds weird, and I have no idea what you call it, but it adds a good saltiness to the tacos. I skip the habanero salsa because the flavor is usually bland and its hot as hell.

One downside, sometimes they get very aggressive with the oil when getting the corn tortillas prepared and it can gross you out with it dripping all over the place. Pro tip, you can order a frozen margarita from Baja Grill on the El Taco H side.
                          Actually, I like El Taco H a lot. I was eating there all the time when I worked in Grapevine. The tacos are small, but no different than most street tacos I've had. I usually order 8 at a time, and I don't mess with anything but the carnitas. I wasn't a big fan the first time I went with you guys, but I just didn't get the right thing (I think I ordered a big steak burrito or something that time). I haven't had anything there that comes close to their carnitas. I like the green salsa the best, although I usually put the hot stuff on a couple of them.

And yes, they are usually swimming in grease. It's pretty ridiculous. I just call it "taco juice" and go to town, making sure to have a ton of paper towels ready to go.

There is a place in Mansfield on the corner of New York and Mansfield Webb, not far from the TCC Southeast campus. I don't even think it has a name on the building. Anyway, they can be hit or miss, but when they're good, they are damn good. Still not as good as El Taco H.

Does anyone know what the heck the "H" stands for?

Side note - the Baja Grill attached (same owners) has been pretty bad every time I've been. Not sure why. It commonly smells like sewage in there, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            duncanville
                            I will pass on Dville at 3 am lol

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                              Actually, I like El Taco H a lot.
                              Man! I had no idea you changed your tune on El Taco H. Give me a shout if you ever come in town, I'm always down for some tacos there.

Does anyone know what the heck the "H" stands for?
                              Pretty sure it's just meant to be a silly name, as the way it rolls off the tongue in Spanish is "el taco ah-cheh." In Spanish, el tacuache means possum. It's just a quirky thing in Mexican culture, like all the luchador décor in there.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Man! I had no idea you changed your tune on El Taco H. Give me a shout if you ever come in town, I'm always down for some tacos there.
                                Definitely! I'll be down in November.

Comment

Working...
                                X