Need help with Lexus infotainment system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Lexus infotainment system

I believe someone on this site knows about Lexus cars.

I bought a 2006 IS 350 and the infotainment system (climate, audio, navigation ) has started randomly rebooting after the battery went dead.
    When it does boot up, everything works just fine, but then it will randomly reboot after a few minutes and the display may or may not come back on. Whatever the ac and audio is set on will keep working while it reboots and is in its sleep mode, but I just can't make changes until the system decides to wake up again.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions on who I can call?

Well the good news is Lexus built in a self diag mode for all of those components so you don't need a factory scan tool. The bad news is that it's fairly complicated.

The nav is simple:

1) Start the engine.

(2) While pressing and holding the "INFO" switch, operate the light control switch: OFF → Turn ON → Turn OFF → Turn ON → Turn OFF → Turn ON → Turn OFF.

(3) The diagnostic mode starts and the "System Check Mode" screen will be displayed. Service inspection starts automatically and the result will be displayed.

The AV system is very complex, I can send you the info via e-mail if you want.

I don't see any service bulletins.

Comment

I tried the steps but, unfortunately, the thing wouldn't stay on long enough for it to even start the diag mode. I will keep trying.

Comment

Try and do a hard reset. Disconnect battery for a few minutes and reconnect. It’s worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I have tried that several times already, leaving the battery disconnected as long as an hour. Also, after I reconnected the battery, I activated ACC and let it set there a while for the computer to boot up without interruption.

Comment

When discharging the battery for a reset, take a jumper
            and jumper the + terminal to ground too.

That discharges the capacitors too that serves as a battery
            backup failsafe.

Comment

Working...
            X