No announcement yet.

2020 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good! Yeah, some weeds have been a struggle for a lot of people this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a big ole jug of msma if anyone needs any and doesn’t wanna spend $100 on it.. like a pint for 20? It takes 2oz per gallon so it would be enough for most yards for 3-4 years unless you have a massive infestation
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Anyone know why my dirt is getting really light colored? Like almost the color of sand.

Comment

I just moved this week. New house has some yard issues. Mainly sticker over about half the back yard. HELP!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            I just moved this week. New house has some yard issues. Mainly sticker over about half the back yard. HELP!!!!
            Put scrap carpet strips behind your mower. Change after every mow. Trash or burn carpet. Manual, but works.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Anyone know why my dirt is getting really light colored? Like almost the color of sand.
              Excessive rain washed away topsoil? I have the same issue where the grass was thin, I’m about to work in new soil and seed.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                If I had to guess...your soil was blended with sand and the smaller dark soil particles are sinking below the sand particles gradually.

Have you ever topdressed with sand?

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                  Put scrap carpet strips behind your mower. Change after every mow. Trash or burn carpet. Manual, but works.
                  SLICK! that works for right now. I'm mowing for the first time today. We have a crap ton of rabbits in our neighborhood, yesterday I watched one sit in my side yard and eat every single weed out there and totally leave my actual grass alone. it was working faster than I could at pulling weeds. I think me and the rabbits are going to be friends. I have none of the lawn problems I had at the old house here. Mowing and edging might actually be fun here. If I can kill off the stickers.

Comment

What type of sticker? I had a big problem with burweed and am 99% free of it now by using Fertilome Weed-out and by pulling. The Weed-out is safe for St Augustine and Bermuda. I’m at the point now where I go outside and pull what few I find by hand, and it only takes a few minutes a day.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Excessive rain washed away topsoil? I have the same issue where the grass was thin, I’m about to work in new soil and seed.
                      This would make sense. The gutters run straight into the yard and the yard slopes to the street, so it could be the topsoil washing away.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      If I had to guess...your soil was blended with sand and the smaller dark soil particles are sinking below the sand particles gradually.

Have you ever topdressed with sand?
                      Maybe some of this too?

Is it as simple as throwing down top soil?

Comment

SLICK! that works for right now. I'm mowing for the first time today. We have a crap ton of rabbits in our neighborhood, yesterday I watched one sit in my side yard and eat every single weed out there and totally leave my actual grass alone. it was working faster than I could at pulling weeds. I think me and the rabbits are going to be friends. I have none of the lawn problems I had at the old house here. Mowing and edging might actually be fun here. If I can kill off the stickers.
                        I have rabbits, but they are way behind if they eat weeds! I have a live trap when they clear your yard? Lol.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

The rabbits crapping all over the yard is the exact reason you have so many weeds. Then when the weeds die in late summer or fall...they will start to eat your landscaping and grass right down to the dirt.

Comment

This right here.

We had a rabbit problem in one of the neighborhoods I built in. Ate the bushes right down to the stems. To the tune of $4k in landscaping one winter

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              This right here.

We had a rabbit problem in one of the neighborhoods I built in. Ate the bushes right down to the stems. To the tune of $4k in landscaping one winter

You need a BB gun.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                                You need a BB gun.
                                It's bad PR when you work for a major home builder. Lol

Last edited by black2002ls; 05-21-2020, 07:54 PM.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X