MTB guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    It hasn't had water my entire life, there is 3 "lakes" in San Angelo and from what I understand they use that one and Twin Buttes to keep Nasworthy on the south side of town at a constant level. There is some more trails that run between Nasworthy and Twin Buttes, but they allow dirt bikes and such on those so I've never ridden them.
    Wow that's weird. I've always wondered about that since going there. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Big Cedar for the win- my go to.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
        WTH. I've hiked the nature preserve for 20 years and did not know that was there......I think. The name sounded really familiar though but I don't think I have ever been on it. I did grow up in them there parts.

Nice pics Jose.

Did I mention my body hurts today. I don't miss those damn seats either but I know it's just time on it to help. Rode the trike today and it felt really light!
        Last edited by kingjason; 03-08-2019, 12:54 AM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          Wow that's weird. I've always wondered about that since going there. Thanks for the info.
          There is an old boat ramp and abandoned camp ground from the 50's I'm guessing that are miles from the water back on the trails.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            WTH. I've hiked the nature preserve for 20 years and did not know that was there......I think. The name sounded really familiar though but I don't think I have ever been on it. I did grow up in them there parts.

Nice pics Jose.

Did I mention my body hurts today. I don't miss those damn seats either but I know it's just time on it to help. Rode the trike today and it felt really light!
            I think it was closed for a long time to because of access problems.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
            There is an old boat ramp and abandoned camp ground from the 50's I'm guessing that are miles from the water back on the trails.
            Man. Lots of interesting history there.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
              So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

So, 600 miles this year, and destroyed Hachie last time I went. I figured I would give Big Cedar a try last week. I was out there about an hour and a half and almost figured out my way around. What was confusing was every where I turned it had arrows to judgment day. I kept thinking, how the hell do I keep ending up on this same trail! After reading the reviews again I realized it was a race they had, jeez take down the signs. My Strava app said I was through the roof on exertion. I was going to ride the next day but ended up napping a lot. Super nice riding area though and I dug the new pavilion.

The weirdest thing about mountain biking is I never feel like I am really riding that hard but in the end I have blown away stats from riding my road bikes. I did download a new app called trail forks after that ride. Brilliant I tell you. It is like Google maps for trails. I may give the ole Cedar Hill State Park a go tomorrow since it tried to kill me 19 years ago as a large fella.
                Nice-I need to check a decent app like that. I did CHSP last week after several years away and it’s as good as ever

Comment

All Trails is another good hiking/biking trail app. I've used it to hike before.

Comment

Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                      Judgment Day is a blast. 10 different trails, 70 or 100 miles of riding, and a 24 hr time limit. I haven't participated the last 2 years due to life changes but it will test your mettle. I hope to do it again next year when I have some spare time to train. I mostly ride road nowadays.
                      Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
                      Attached Files
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Where the hell you gonna get 70 to 100 miles? Unless it encompasses more than one trail system. My Strava looks like a drunk guy going back and forth lost in the woods I did so many trails out there and I looped back around several times. I did miss the back side of ranger though. Multi complete laps I guess?
                        10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                          10 different DORBA trails around DFW in the same day.
                          LOL. Not there yet.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Since Cedar Hill tried to kill me one time I gave her a try today. No issues really. I did 8 and then 3. It has more elevation changes then I remember.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'm going to get back up in your ass with the resurrection of this thread.

Whats a good lower end ( read cheaper ) mountain bike to get started on? Or maybe a mid level one I can buy off the FB market place on the cheap.

Something I wont be mad at spending a few $100 dollars on, but something I wont want to replace immediately if I decide to get into it.

Thoughts? prayers?

Comment

Trek hard tail. They come pretty rugged from the factory so you wouldn’t have to upgrade much. Also easy to upgrade if you want to. You can find them on the secondhand market for a decent price. I bought mine about 12 years ago and immediately spent more upgrading than the bike cost me. Don’t waste your money on full suspension.

Comment

Working...
                                X