Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment

If any if you guys are looking for a job and you have experience in industrial maintenance check out Western extrusions at Sandy lake and Highway 35. They need maintenance technicians for all three shifts and the starting pay is 25 an hour. Typical work weeks right now are 65 to 70 hours. They offer good insurance, retirement, and they've never had a slow day in the 50-plus Years they've been open. If you can produce you will have a job until you feel like retiring.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

I'm gonna ride this out until you need an apprentice.

Comment

Is anything above 40 considered OT pay? 1.5x?

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        Is anything above 40 considered OT pay? 1.5x?
        Yes. My buddy works there and is desperate for help. They will take anyone who will show up on time with a good attitude and a willingness to learn.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'll pass it along

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            Yes. My buddy works there and is desperate for help. They will take anyone who will show up on time with a good attitude and a willingness to learn.
            This world has become strange.

I know a donut manufacturing plant that is at half employment, easy job, 50-60hrs a week, $18 to start and raise in 90 days. Pre covid 100 employees. Can't get above 60 employees now. Guess no one needs to work because that's decent money here.

Comment

If anyone is looking for the same industrial maintenance work FedEx Ground is hiring too. The hub in Hutchins and the facility in Mesquite both are needing maintenance techs.
              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Good info - thanks for posting.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

I know a donut manufacturing plant that is at half employment, easy job, 50-60hrs a week, $18 to start and raise in 90 days. Pre covid 100 employees. Can't get above 60 employees now. Guess no one needs to work because that's decent money here.
                  Our company is going through same thing. Let go at least a 1/3 or more of staff when lockdowns happened now we can't hire people fast enough to fill positions and have very high turnover for the ones we do get so not getting back to numbers we once where.
                  1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                  1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                  2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

Well if you wanna dive into that a bit, $20/hr ain't shit anymore. I remember when I was a teen looking for a job, $20/hr would've been the holy grail. I'd have been wealthy. Now it's like minimum wage. It's 41k a year if you do a full time job. To get the real money out of it, you need to work some overtime while still making sure you don't fall into that higher tax bracket where it turns out you worked a 12 hour shift for fucking free. I'm sure that shit tons of free work gets done every year for that reason. People not paying attention.

So it's not all as it seems, there's a lot to consider. These days the numbers they put out there are just bait, and then you find out what the real story is later. Nobody wants the donut factory probably cause you don't have a life and when all is said and done you made ok money. I've done lots of factory work in my day, you usually end up living there to make any kind of money, then after a year or two you burn out and quit, and you're looking for something else to do with less pay but more freedom.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      Well if you wanna dive into that a bit, $20/hr ain't shit anymore. I remember when I was a teen looking for a job, $20/hr would've been the holy grail. I'd have been wealthy. Now it's like minimum wage. It's 41k a year if you do a full time job. To get the real money out of it, you need to work some overtime while still making sure you don't fall into that higher tax bracket where it turns out you worked a 12 hour shift for fucking free.I'm sure that shit tons of free work gets done every year for that reason. People not paying attention.

So it's not all as it seems, there's a lot to consider. These days the numbers they put out there are just bait, and then you find out what the real story is later. Nobody wants the donut factory probably cause you don't have a life and when all is said and done you made ok money. I've done lots of factory work in my day, you usually end up living there to make any kind of money, then after a year or two you burn out and quit, and you're looking for something else to do with less pay but more freedom.

That is not how progressive tax brackets work.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        That is not how progressive tax brackets work.
                        Doesn't have to be how progressive tax brackets work. I'd work my normal days, the boss would say "Hey you want some more money? Work overtime for me!" I'd do it, check was lower. Checked it out, that's what happened. I even showed him my check next time he asked if I'd do overtime, and he never asked again. It's happened to me more than once. In the oilfield I had it knock off more than $100 once.

Granted I haven't worked hourly since trump made all those changes. This was years ago.
                        WH

Comment

That’s not how income tax withholding works either.

Comment

That guy doesn't know how anything works. Remember when he wanted to use a lawnmower engine to run his alternator to reduce parasitic drag? He's that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              That guy doesn't know how anything works. Remember when he wanted to use a lawnmower engine to run his alternator to reduce parasitic drag? He's that guy.
                              What about an electric leafblower for a turbo?

Comment

Working...
                              X