Employment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Labora View Post
    It is bizarre as it takes at least 3 weeks for the hiring process to go through and many will quit within a week before even fully trained. So I'm not sure how so many get by doing this song and dance with random companies and are able to survive.

Not to mention the ones that just randomly quit with no backup plan or other job lined up. I've worked some places I hated but always had my ducks in a row before quitting. We had 3 walk off last night from our nightcrew.
    Back in my teens and early 20's I'd bounce if a "boss" didn't come at me correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Back in my teens and early 20's I'd bounce if a "boss" didn't come at me correct.
      I'm sure some of it is management related but at the same time these people act like they don't know what sort of job they are signing up for. (Delivery/Warehouse)
      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

You need an assistant?
        You must be craizie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          You must be craizie!!!
          I'll supervise the shit out of some mother fuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
            False, it all gets boring as hell. 7 yrs at the current place and it’s boring but gravy train dayshift so I stay. I should be trying to make side money but I’ve made enough excuses to keep from that
            Not for me. I'd never dream of staying somewhere 7 years. I'd stay there 1-2 years until I'd learned everything I thought I could learn working on whatever the hell they work on. I guess it depends on your definition of industrial maintenance. I good friend of mine does industrial maintenance at the Walmart DC here in Cleburne, but the only thing he ever does is fix electric pallet jacks. For awhile he worked on the building but they needed someone on pallet jacks so off he went.

Imo that would be fun until you'd learned practically all there was to know about those jacks. Then it's time to go somewhere else. The way I look at it, life's too short to be bored to tears for most of it. You'll be working for most of your life, at least until you're not physically able. Best to make it something you're interested in doing. I took Buffett's advice on that one.

And if you say you're planning on retiring early, that's when you'll croak. So you'll still be working most of your life.
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              People generally don't want to do that monotonous ass shit. Remember when you said you were counting off numbers in your head on the drive home after working at a Ford plant?

The real youtube stars say it's a lot of work, and they're busy with it all day long.

That said, I think I'd enjoy industrial maintenance at the right place. Not that I have the qualifications, but still. Getting to work on/fix some of that stuff would be entertaining for awhile.
              Yes, people don't want to do monotonous shit. Or grunt work. And that is expected, did anyone ever? But then we get to hear and read stupid shit like how "income inequality" is so bad and how the "American dream is a nightmare". It is all the fault of "the system" and "capitalism has failed". All this dramatic horseshit being conjured up by Cheeto stained fingers in between rounds of Fortnite at 10am on a Tuesday by a huge number of fucking millenial slobs.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work” is a quote credited to Edison. No one is sure if he said it but it seems legit to me since he was an asshole to just about everyone.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Yes, people don't want to do monotonous shit. Or grunt work. And that is expected, did anyone ever? But then we get to hear and read stupid shit like how "income inequality" is so bad and how the "American dream is a nightmare". It is all the fault of "the system" and "capitalism has failed". All this dramatic horseshit being conjured up by Cheeto stained fingers in between rounds of Fortnite at 10am on a Tuesday by a huge number of fucking millenial slobs.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it’s dressed in overalls and looks like work” is a quote credited to Edison. No one is sure if he said it but it seems legit to me since he was an asshole to just about everyone.
                Mike Rowe for president 2024!

I had no idea he was an opera singer. Sorry, my ADD kicking in.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Why would people want to work when they can collect $1100 a WEEK for sitting on their asses ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    Why would people want to work when they can collect $1100 a WEEK for sitting on their asses ?
                    That is not that much money but surprisingly enough that exceeds the median income in the United States and I could see how that would easily prompt lazy people to never lift a finger.

I've caught flak from people here about my policy of hiring felons but every one of them that I've hired is a go-getter and they are not lazy. The ones I've been fortunate enough to come across have my work ethic and are an anachronism from 50 years ago.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      That is not that much money but surprisingly enough that exceeds the median income in the United States and I could see how that would easily prompt lazy people to never lift a finger.

I've caught flak from people here about my policy of hiring felons but every one of them that I've hired is a go-getter and they are not lazy. The ones I've been fortunate enough to come across have my work ethic and are an anachronism from 50 years ago.
                      1100 a week may not sound like much, but when you live in your parents' basement and have no bills... Too much entitlement in today's world.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

just a second while i google the definition of anachronism.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          just a second while i google the definition of anachronism.
                          My friend stole my thesaurus. I was mad. So mad. So very mad.

Comment

My friend stole my thesaurus. I was mad. So mad. So very mad.
                            Would you say craizie mad?
                            Last edited by line-em-up; 12-31-2020, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                              Would you say crazie mad?
                              No. There's two I's in Craizie, boys.

Comment

No. There's two I's in Craizie, boys.
                                lol. I fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X