No announcement yet.

2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I guess my fucking dumb ass did the Lee emergent too early as there's a really decent amount of crabgrass (like 90-95%).. would it be safe to assume since this is getting through, Bermuda seeds could germinate?
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      If it is bermuda, you only need 1" a week. check it with some Tuna cans
      Lots of variables , main one being soil type , in sandy soils we water rotors ( temps 95 and above) 30 min minimum up to one hour 3-4 days weekly , clay can hold better , but unless you are running monster nozzles you are not watering nearly enough. The 1" rule is fine it just needs to be applied properly and 10 min per zone won't get you there with a residential system.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
        Ok so I guess my fucking dumb ass did the Lee emergent too early as there's a really decent amount of crabgrass (like 90-95%).. would it be safe to assume since this is getting through, Bermuda seeds could germinate?
        You didn't go to early , just a bad weed year, I've seen lots of break through, spoken with Bayer reps, superintendents , etc. just a tough year.

I started mid January and finished up March 1, no crab but some clover break through, it happens .

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
          You didn't go to early , just a bad weed year, I've seen lots of break through, spoken with Bayer reps, superintendents , etc. just a tough year.

I started mid January and finished up March 1, no crab but some clover break through, it happens .
          Funny you bring up clover, fuck clover! Pretty much the only weed I have this year.

Comment

Mine is coming in nicely and I do all the work.

Comment

Looks damn good!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                Looks damn good!
                Ty sir.

Comment

Very nice man!!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Grassy again. I rented an aerator last spring and that seemed to help a bit. I always only bag the clippings to minimize any weed propagation and this yr, I tried the Bayer weed-n-feed. That shit was expensive, but it's seemed to work pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Grassy again. I rented an aerator last spring and that seemed to help a bit. I always only bag the clippings to minimize any weed propagation and this yr, I tried the Bayer weed-n-feed. That shit was expensive, but it's seemed to work pretty well.
                      I'm wanting to aerate before seeding next month.. I hope my Home Depot rents an aerator
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Well, I spent the last 3 hours spreading weed seeds. Got the front and back yard mowed and edged. I'm planning to spread scotts turf builder/weed and feed in the morning.

We are finally getting our flower beds how we want them. Planted some canna and some other bulbs earlier in the year. The majority of them have started coming up. My crape myrtles are filling out as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

For those who haven't seen my before pics. This is what the yard looked like when we bought our home 3 years ago this May. It was 90% weeds.

Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Lookin good man, the end result of the work makes it all worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Ty sir.
                              That does look good. I'll try to get some pics of mine this week. Last summer, I had about 75% dead lawn in front. The paid yard guy never got up thatch and even leaves from winter. He wasn't even mowing over the front. I fired him, and my oldest son and I went to work. We seeded and had grass come up in July, but had to leave town for a few weeks, so it didn't get watered and died. We got almost all the weeds out and put rye down for winter. The bermuda is coming aliver now as the rye is slowly dying off.

We cut it even shorter yesterday to get down to the desired height for the bermuda and then we put out some weed and feed in the whole yard (backyard has some broadleafs but a thick strand of bermuda). The front looks like a golf course right now with the rye trimmed and edged. Early next month we'll dress the front yard with a soil/sand/seed mixture and pour the water on for a few weeks to get even more bermuda up. Hopefully the yard will prevail this year.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                                For those who haven't seen my before pics. This is what the yard looked like when we bought our home 3 years ago this May. It was 90% weeds.

That's great progress! Our next project is expanding flower beds in the front (and new flowers) and then building some planters in the corner in the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X