Transmission Shop for 6R80 Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Shop for 6R80 Upgrades

I'm building a motor for my 3.5 EB F150 and I'm planning to install a Circle D torque convertor while the motor is out. I'm contemplating upgrading the clutch pack and input shaft as well, but it all depends on the $$. Option 1 is to do it all now and Option 2 is to do the torque convertor now and upgrade the clutch pack and input shaft later.

I've never done any serious transmission work and I don't know of any good transmission shops. Can any of you make a recommendation?

I live on the east side of Dallas but I don't mind driving just about anywhere in DFW for the right shop.

Mikes Trick Shift
    (817) 221-2400

Comment

Just take the whole thing to Circle D they do great work and stand behind it.

Comment

Davey at I35 transmission in Lancaster. No BS pricing and he can build whatever you need.

Address: 1462 N I-35, Lancaster, TX 75134
        Hours: Open today ยท 7AM–5PM
        Phone: (972) 228-9905
        Suggest an edit
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

mike also builds his own converters . known him for 40 years and hard to beat his work. BUT he is busy as hell so get in line or look elsewhere.

Comment

Another vote for Mike. He built the one behind my 6.7 Cummins and it works even with the tuner on high. 40k miles with no problems so far.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I'll holler at Mike and see what his schedule looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                Another vote for Mike. He built the one behind my 6.7 Cummins and it works even with the tuner on high. 40k miles with no problems so far.
                Mine is approaching 100k without a hiccup.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                X