No announcement yet.

Still making noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried to drive it while it is playing like that?

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
      To each their own. Guess I prefer the sounds of fat cams and Flowmsters over the boom booms.
      I like both.

It is not the bass that gets ya fellas it is the high pitch stuff. Drove around with monster stereos all of high school, and a few years after. Still have excellent hearing, probably more damage from the gun range than anything else. Never had anything in the 160db range though. Put on some damn Last Night or two live crew dammit!
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
        To each their own. Guess I prefer the sounds of fat cams and Flowmsters over the boom booms.
        I did too until everyone started doing the flowmaster thing on Mustangs. It's like today's brodozers. They all sound the exact same.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          I was at the gas station earlier and told my wife "thank God no one gives a fuck about bass contests anymore," then here you are.
          I'm a kid from the late 80's and early 90's, I still love Bass.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            I did too until everyone started doing the flowmaster thing on Mustangs. It's like today's brodozers. They all sound the exact same.
            Finally something I agree with you on. Loud exhaust is just annoying and I cringe for the driver every time i hear that nonsense on a Daily driver. Were not in highschool anymore...if its not a classic or a racecar...get your shit together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Finally something I agree with you on. Loud exhaust is just annoying and I cringe for the driver every time i hear that nonsense on a Daily driver. Were not in highschool anymore...if its not a classic or a racecar...get your shit together.
              same goes for the stereo... can't stand that thumping shit and makes me want to go postal

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                same goes for the stereo... can't stand that thumping shit and makes me want to go postal
                The stereo fad has mostly gone away.. but there always seems to be some white trash or a brodozer with the obnoxious exhaust where I'm at.

I'm sure the stereo thing is geography dependent.

Comment

put some DJ magic Mike on that mother fucker and let's hear it

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                    I love it when folks go in the store or pump gas with the shit still cranked . Usually sounds like shoes thumping around in a dryer.
                    I didn't have a car in high school,so the exhaust phase still goes on. Best exhaust mod-turbo!

Comment

Its just another hobby! I do everything myself and I enjoy this more than ever owning a boat or fast car hands down. 160db isn't bad, you should try and sit in a 170+ extreme vehicle lol.

Since I got on the manufacturers team I really want to keep upgrading every year since its relatively cheap now. The only problem is every time I turn it to full tilt, I break a windshield or tear holes in the metal floor board, doors, and fire wall. (even though everything is reinforced already with 1-3 inches of birch and PLx8.)

I just dropped a new motor, trans, and rear diff in it so I'm trying to be easy.
                      sigpic

Comment

The local "day labor crowd" has started hooking their radios to PA speakers under the hood and blasting mariachi music as they drive down the road. Most Gawd awful thing I've ever heard, loud tinny mono music splattering by at all hours of the night. My buddy has the misfortune of living in a neighborhood with a few trucks like this. It's a friggen nightmare.

Comment

Considering that 140+ db is not hearing safe for gunshots, yeah, i imagine you would get severe hearing loss very quickly. FYI, hearing loss is irreversible.

Comment

I would throw in some old school Nemisis or Ron C's Trendsetter.

Comment

Bad thing about extreme systems now days is that I have to edit and tune every song I play. I cant just throw in some beastie boyz or ANY old school shit and it sound good. I'd have to run it through music programs and lower the frequency or re-bass it to match my lower tuning.

My box is tuned to 25 so I have a response range from 17hz to 40hz before box rise kills my wattage.

This is just a flat wall, 6th orders have a much better response but I don't have enough experience to build one and it be efficient enough to my liking. Flat walls are easy. Get your box wrong and your 20k amp will only be putting out 3k watts and the build is a fail. lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's an excursion video. I'm getting about 8-9 inches P2P travel. Luckily these subs are designed to mechanically fail (spiders rip) before you bottom them out. Keep in mind these are 18s.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X