Favorite BBQ Seasoning/Rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Killer Hogs and Hardcore Carnivore get lots of compliments. Caribeque too. For whatever reason, a lot of people like Bad Byron's Butt Rub but that shit is way too goddamn salty.

Chupacabra rub by 2 Gringos is fucking delicious, but I wouldn't call it a BBQ rub. Fantastic nonetheless.
    Chupacabra has become my go to for anything I grill that i don't marinade, burgers, steaks, chicken, etc. It's awesome, and the guys are from south texas with ties to Corpus, so that's a plus.

I also like the Salt Lick Garlic rub, just don't add any other salt, because it is a salty mutha fucka.

Dizzy Pig brands are really good with some variety to them, I've tried the Cow Lick, Dizzy Dust, and Swamp Venom

Comment

You should come up with sampler packs. I hate buying a new rub only to not like and watch it turn into a brick of seasoning as it sits on the shelf and solidifies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        You should come up with sampler packs. I hate buying a new rub only to not like and watch it turn into a brick of seasoning as it sits on the shelf and solidifies.
        That is a pretty good idea.

Talked to 2gringos/Chupacabra and they won't allow online sales. Doesn't make much sense for me to only have it available locally since HEB carries it here.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          That is a pretty good idea.

Talked to 2gringos/Chupacabra and they won't allow online sales. Doesn't make much sense for me to only have it available locally since HEB carries it here.
          Where is the closets HEB to us here in DFW?

Hillsboro?
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

Hillsboro?
            there's one in burleson
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              there's one in burleson
              No shit, I haven't been that way in a while. I might have to check it out and pick up some Chupacabra rub. I have a couple of cousins that live in Crowley and Burleson, I guess I could visit them while I'm up that way...
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No shit, I haven't been that way in a while. I might have to check it out and pick up some Chupacabra rub. I have a couple of cousins that live in Crowley and Burleson, I guess I could visit them while I'm up that way...
                I'm out that way pretty often if you'd rather skip out on seeing your cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I'm out that way pretty often if you'd rather skip out on seeing your cousins.
                  haha, thanks for the offer, but I'd probably need to stop in and see my cousin in Crowley, he had a hear attack last year so I probably need to stop by and visit.

He see's that Chupacabra rub and might throw some shit on the grill to try it out, it's a Win-Win...

Comment

Hillsboro?
                    Ace Hardware in Coppell carries it. I bet the other Ace locations that sell BGE do too.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Ace Hardware in Coppell carries it. I bet the other Ace locations that sell BGE do too.
                      Hmm. I work like a mile from there. I'll have to run in there and check it out.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get the Chupacabra rub at Kroger anywhere in the metroplex

Comment

Killer Hogs and Hardcore Carnivore get lots of compliments. Caribeque too. For whatever reason, a lot of people like Bad Byron's Butt Rub but that shit is way too goddamn salty.

Chupacabra rub by 2 Gringos is fucking delicious, but I wouldn't call it a BBQ rub. Fantastic nonetheless.
                          Resurrecting am old thread.. we bought some hardcore carnivore black seasoning and did our steaks and they came out great!
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I love Santa Fe. On the square is the Santa Fe chili shop. I get a lot of things I use there. A thin layer of hatch chili powder does amazing things to lots of meats. I did it along with a poultry seasoning on a chicken I tossed in the egg Sunday and it was amazing. It was one of the top 3 chickens I've ever had.

Comment

Didn't read thread but meat church has some good stuff. They have a storefront in Waxahachie or I believe you can get it at academy.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                                Didn't read thread but meat church has some good stuff. They have a storefront in Waxahachie or I believe you can get it at academy.
                                Also buccees
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X