Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Windsor and a S trim?
      Yes

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
        Windsor and a S trim?
        you've got me thinking.

Comment

another drawing of the bird to keep me motivated while I'm waiting to get the parts to fix the front end.

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
              Any updates on this?
              it's sitting in my garage waiting for time and parts. I'm going to pick up front end parts this month in Salt Lake on my way to Washington. after that I'll be able to put the front end together. I did find some rust in the body I'm not happy with, but as long as its not in the sub frames I'm going to fix it and move on. now if I could find a really good deal on a stockcar chassis, I would really really consider dropping the tbird sheet metal on it and finally live my dream of a street legal nascar. I sold my buick, and it left yesterday, so I finally have room to drop the trans on the tbird and finally get it running. Things will be happening soon.

Comment

great news, I finally got front end parts! video coming soon but long story short... I drove to Idaho to pick them up. Now I can finally paint the dang thing.

Comment

Fucking Idaho?! What a haul

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Fucking Idaho?! What a haul
                    I was on my way home from Washington.

Comment

Update time, I finally got the car unlocked. lol also found some real rust in the quarter. Kinda changing my plans. I found another bird that looks to be in better condition locally. I'm going to go look at it soon and see if I can get my hands on it. if so it will get me further down the road on the project. It also leaves me with a dilemma of what to do with this car.
                      a. sell it as is
                      b. get it running, put the front clip on, and sell it
                      c. use it as a parts car for the new one
                      d. get it running, weld the diff, paint it and take it to Cleetus and cars and put it in te burnout contest

what do you guys think?

Comment

Well the last few weeks have been fun, we got zapped by lightning and I lost most of my computer gear. Just now getting back up and running with a new video card, monitor, network card, and I still have to buy a new wacom tablet because it's dead too. But I'm back to editing video and working on the cars. I am in love with my new monitor.

As for the t-bird, I finally did a full rust search and got under the car for the first time. Holy crap was I surprised to fund no rust under the car. There is the one rusty spot on the drivers side rear quarter, but literally no where else.

only thing that I found that I don't like under the car is that the exhaust is one piece from the down pipes t the tail pipes. That's going to suck when I pull the trans. The rally car was the same way. But the good news is I can finally actually get to work on this car. I can't wait to get it painted and on the new wheels and tires I'm ordering.
                        here's my inspiration.

I can't wait to get it on Texas Motor Speedway.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

That's going to be sweet, but you're missing a prime opportunity here.

Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                              That's going to be sweet, but you're missing a prime opportunity here.

thought about it, but it will only be funny for a little while. not worth it.

Comment

Negative... that will never not be funny.
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X