Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It begins, Biden "I'm not taking your guns", but I am...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It begins, Biden "I'm not taking your guns", but I am...

Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.
    Three years ago today, a lone gunman took the lives of 14 students and three educators at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In seconds, the lives of dozens of families, and the life of an American community, were changed forever. For three years now, the Parkland families have spent birthdays and holidays…
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

This is why I have been hoarding magazines for decades. Anytime I found cheap magazines I bought them even if I didn't own the gun that they would fit.

The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      The really funny thing is even if they outlaw guns and magazines or force people to register them under the NFA criminals are completely exempt from being punished for failing to comply with those laws going back to a Supreme Court ruling from the early 80s. In that case a man was charged with not registering a machine gun and because he was a convicted felon he was exempt from the law because the government cannot pass a law forcing someone to snitch on themselves.
      if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        if that were true, the entire NFA would be unenforceable
        Give me a few minutes and I will find the case law. It only applies to convicted felons; regular people can be prosecuted.

Edit: This is the court case that makes violations punishable under the law for people that are not felons.

Edit II: This is the first case that says felons cannot be punished for failing to register NFA weapons with the BATFE. There's another one from 81 or 82 that further clarified it and strengthened the position for convicted felons. I'll find it after I finish dinner.

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 02-14-2021, 08:42 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            Sheila's bill going to be pushed hard now.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...-bill/127/text
            We need home manufacture to get real easy. So easy that "unenforceable" comes to mind.
            WH

Comment

I've read that Biden will sign an Executive Order this Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                From what I read, coming after ghost guns. It won't stop there though. This is going to get ugly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Is it a criminal offense if we don’t abide?
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Is it a criminal offense if we don’t abide?
                    The president doesn't make laws... so I don't see how it could be a criminal offense. That said, he does have the power to instruct government agencies on how to do their jobs. So things like the ATF could "interpret" laws differently if he tells them to.
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.

Comment

Just keep in mind people haven't been buying weapons at a frantic pace just to turn them over to the government.

Comment

Looks like he’s wanting to ban ghost guns and require tax stamps for more stuff

I bet/hope it gets thrown out
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            A large portion of this country feels like their country is being stolen, converted into this progressive shithole, things are increasingly tense, rights are being manipulated, people have seen their businesses fail with the pandemic, and we're seemingly on a never-ending track to over-compliance. Many of those same people are armed.

This may be a catalyst or this may be turning the temp of the water up a few more degrees so that we continue to boil.
                            You also have politicians that are blatantly lying and a media that is covering for them.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

the concept that stormtroopers are going to come in and kick doors and raid houses block-by-block is a right wing fantasy.

the plan has ALWAYS been boiling the frog, degree by degree, little by little until the people are neutered. This gives the people in power the "moral high ground" that A) they are just going whats needed for "safety" and B) they "arent taking peoples guns away, see? You still have grandpappys 20 gauge singleshot shotgun" We are just taking the dangerous mass-killers out from potential killers and mass murderers"

Comment

Working...
                              X