Finished my Sundown Audio build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my Sundown Audio build.

I have 2 spare x18 subs left too.. If these don't smoke I'm going to wall all 4 and add another 4k watts in 6 months for winter. Description is in the video. I know it sounds like a shitbox of rattles but you cant hear any of it inside. I'm already down 1k in deadener and about the last thing I can do is cement the rear doors lol. Most of everything that can rattle has been deleted minus the dash and rear barn doors.

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-22-2016, 06:03 PM.
    sigpic

Poor Suburban lol. That thing hits hard.

Comment

I guess I'm getting old.

Comment

Sounds like an air compressor. I guess I don't get it.

Comment

90% of that is my back hatch lol. You can't hear it inside much and the bass does not pick up at all on a phone cam.
          sigpic

Comment

We aren't talking about the rattling...

Comment

Seriously or are you just being negative and anal?
              Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-22-2016, 10:26 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I used to enjoy systems like that, but as I've aged, it's become less interesting to me. At that DB level, it's not enjoyable, it's punishment. I do get the appeal of the effects of 150DB on its environment though, it's rather impressive, just short lived for me.

Comment

Did someone say anal?

Nice speaker things.

Comment

Yeah, likely you'll look back at it and it won't matter...some folks stay in the hobby though.

I had 3 12" Fosgates in a little nissan truck (ext cab) back in the day...busted suspension, busted windows - until I got a big ole cap, upgraded battery and some more powerful alternator...lights went out when they hit. Back in the day of equalizers that looked awesome and an Alpine head unit.

Anyway - besides the subs - what else you got in there to support them? highs, mids? Caps...etc? Just being nosey.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                      Seriously or are you just being negative and anal?
                      When I was 16, I had a single cab Chevy truck with 2 18's. I had to move the seat up so far that I could barely drive it. I thought it was awesome. My parents thought I was retarded. Turns out, they were right.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Since I'm running .5 ohm the electrics gotta be pretty stout. Some people drop these down to .25 but I'm not into that. .5 is scary enough. Back when I last bought amps, 1ohm was serious business and .5 ohm was to smoke all equipment.. 2016 amps seem to just love 1ohm and start sweating at .5 lol.

Mechman 350 amp alternator and voltage booster
                        2 runs of O gauge ofc sky-high wire / big 3
                        4 yellow tops

I'm very battery light and likley need 2-3 more, but as long as the alt is spooled to 1k RPM my voltage stays at 13.5v. I had these yellow tops stored and just used them because they were newish and were there.. I really want to use xs power but that battery bank will cost another 1.5-2k so I'm waiting abit.

Mids and highs are all sundown 6.5 components with only a sundown 50.4 on them. @2 ohms it's only 400w and the bass amp is 4000w @1ohm. Tests on the amp on the Steve Meade dyno showed 8000w bursts at .5 ohm and is what sold me on sundown.
                        Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-23-2016, 06:59 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                          Thanks guys.
                          You're welcome.

Comment

Here's the amp test that sold me.

Look at the excursion on these. I don't run this hard but alot do.

sigpic

Comment

Looks pretty sweet. Also get ready for everyone and their mother to be trying to steal that stuff. When I did the above average system, they could not actually remove anything but they sure as hell ruined all the wiring in the process.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X