Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with selling a high HP vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a facebook group called "500plus HP for sale" that helps to sell cars like yours.

Comment

When you come up with a price, PM me with pics and details. I miss mine.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Funny thing, last I heard he still owns that car. I mean he went to prison but he still has a Veyron.
        I thought there was a youtbe video of where that car is now. Like it was sold, took apart, another buyer got it, sold again.

I can tell you on a few heavily modded cars I built I was lucky to get the stock value for them. Just depends, if the right guy comes along, you might get way more than you think. It is a crap shoot really. These fools will have tax return money right now so this is a good time of year to sell!
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I thought there was a youtbe video of where that car is now. Like it was sold, took apart, another buyer got it, sold again.

I can tell you on a few heavily modded cars I built I was lucky to get the stock value for them. Just depends, if the right guy comes along, you might get way more than you think. It is a crap shoot really. These fools will have tax return money right now so this is a good time of year to sell!
          Makes me wonder what I could get for the Grand National if I painted it. Doubt I could force myself to do it though. Too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into it. I'll probably be buried in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
            Makes me wonder what I could get for the Grand National if I painted it. Doubt I could force myself to do it though. Too much blood, sweat and tears have gone into it. I'll probably be buried in it.
            Being as that is a collectible, even though it is a Buick, it may surprise you.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Being as that is a collectible, even though it is a Buick, it may surprise you.
              If I ever make that decision it will probably be replaced by a CTS-V or something comparable. I like lots of power and comfort.

Comment

If I ever make that decision it will probably be replaced by a CTS-V or something comparable. I like lots of power and comfort.
                Mine's getting replaced with a used S63 coupe once we get settled into the new house.

That's where I'll make up for the depreciation hit on the Mustang, new s-class' are bought by gents with more money and less sense than I.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a friend that did ok by trading his highly modified viper for a newer viper that was worth more than his car without mods...but about the same with.

Then he sold the newer unmodified viper and got a fair amount of his investment back.

However, he does the buying and trading of high HP cars as a hobby so it wasnt an inconvenience. It may be a big hassle in the middle of a move.

Comment

I really really liked my CTS coupe but the little issues here and there drove me nuts. The things this thread brings up are exactly why I bought my Z3M. Other than the stereo upgrade, I got no interest in modding it. Looks good, drives fantastic, kind of exotic looking, but affordable.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

https://500plushpforsale.com
                      ^ There is also a Facebook page the ads go on.

Is your car M6 it auto?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        https://500plushpforsale.com
                        ^ There is also a Facebook page the ads go on.

Is your car M6 it auto?
                        That was mentioned above, and I'll definitely list it there. Mine's an M6.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah try these guys. They were fair on my last Miata, love modded cars, even tried to call me an uber when I told them I was waiting on my ride.

Really Military and LE friendly.

Dallas, TX Used Cars Trucks SUV's, BBC Motorsports sells and services vehicles in the greater Dallas area
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

There's at least one other vinwiki video about it too.

Comment

Oh yeah try these guys. They were fair on my last Miata, love modded cars, even tried to call me an uber when I told them I was waiting on my ride.

Really Military and LE friendly.

https://www.bbcmotorsports.com/
                              I'll give them a shout, but I'm not military nor LE, so hopefully they are just friendly in general. I'm not looking to make bank, I just want a fair price with as little hassle as possible.

Comment

I know you are somewhat limited on time, but you could put it on Bring a Trailer. It’s not a vintage or specialized Vehicle but it might work.

Comment

Working...
                                X