Drag week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Yeah. Hopefully there is some time once they get everyone down the lanes for a second run if he can talk them into it. Shit, I'd be out there drying cars to help try and speed it up!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    they told him no, the oil down early killed any chance of that.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      the joke is that the Street race small block power adder class is limited to an 8.500 time slip since you cant have a funny car cage in the class rules. It's one of the larges classes, and the competition is really tough. There's no "dial in" on the class, but john put it on since that's pretty much what you have to run to win the class. Randall won it last year with an AVERAGE of 8.53 for the week.

sadly, John was in for the win this year, and it ran a bit faster than he needed to, so without a slip, he has to take a 20, and that knocked him out of the top ten for sure. That class gets a special entry to the NHRA even in Charlotte, and he probably wont get in to that now.
      they told him no, the oil down early killed any chance of that.
      Damn, that sucks

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Yeah, coverage ended about 15 min ago.. No second pass and they said there was essentially no way for John to get into the top 8 now..

Comment

Did y'all see that Tesla run a 10.4? its going to be interesting following him this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            Did y'all see that Tesla run a 10.4? its going to be interesting following him this week.
            yeah, that is interesting. The cruises are like 2-300 miles a day.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

James in the ls coupe just ripped an 8.50 exactly.

Comment

8.509. He's in first with that i think.

John decided to crank up the boost and run it out the back door everyday, turning in a 20 timeslip for the rest of the week. He ran a 8.04 this morning.

Comment

big wreck just happened

Comment

Comment

Comment

This week has got me really wanting to take the Buick on drag week instead of power tour next year. I feel like I could safely get it into the 13's all week and have a good time. thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          This week has got me really wanting to take the Buick on drag week instead of power tour next year. I feel like I could safely get it into the 13's all week and have a good time. thoughts?
                          I've done both.

I would say do the power tour, and then do drag week. Power tour is much less stress to get to the next city, and a ton more people doing it to drive with. If it will make it on the power tour without much issue, then you can worry about drag week.

Comment

I've done both.

I would say do the power tour, and then do drag week. Power tour is much less stress to get to the next city, and a ton more people doing it to drive with. If it will make it on the power tour without much issue, then you can worry about drag week.
                            Thanks, After Good Guys this month I want to take it to North Star and see what it does. This motor is hotter than the one that came out of it. I'm interested to see what it's got in it. I plan on ditching the carb for an efi system next year.

Comment

when you pay for an entry into good guys, how many people get with you?

Comment

when you pay for an entry into good guys, how many people get with you?
                                You get two passes for each day (driver and one passenger), plus two kids passes for each day. I can't remember the age cut off exactly since i don't have kids. The real savings and benefit is the cooler full of food an drinks you have in the trunk. You can go walk for a bit, then go sit and have a beverage and a snack. Then go back out and see more stuff, rinse and repeat all day long. I've also won some high dollar goodies while going.

Comment

Working...
                                X