No announcement yet.

Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should of opened satellite view when I was there. Missed quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      The mud is the worst to wash off, fyi. 4runner wasnt very dirty and took an hour with my commercial hot water rig. It sticks like crazy.
      The mud is worse than Bridgeport? Screw that! lol

I am STILL getting Bridgeport mud from nooks and crannies from Feb..

Got some used Rubicon rails on Saturday!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        Since this seems to be the catch all thread. I picked up a new toy this week. 1999 with 91k miles. Appears to have a 2" suspension lift of some sort along with front and back bumpers. Installed new wheels today, got a winch to put on tomorrow.

Missed this, that's sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
          The mud is worse than Bridgeport? Screw that! lol

I am STILL getting Bridgeport mud from nooks and crannies from Feb..

Got some used Rubicon rails on Saturday!
          It sticks like crazy. It was a huge pita.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• What places have mud that is easy to get off???

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              What places have mud that is easy to get off???
              Blackland or sand washes off easy.

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                What places have mud that is easy to get off???
                Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                Blackland or sand washes off easy.

Yeah, when we go to Colorado it cleans up easy and fast, no matter how dirty.

In fact, I still have not washed the Jeep since Moab and it just looks 'city dirty'.

Both of those are obviously more sandy than clay.

Comment

• Looking forward to joining in on the fun soon. I'm convinced I need a Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon. I'm test driving on July and ordering.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    Looking forward to joining in on the fun soon. I'm convinced I need a Jeep Gladiator Overland or Rubicon. I'm test driving on July and ordering.

I'm starting to do some mental planning around the idea of a Gladiator build in the next few years.. I'm thinking Diesel Rubicon as a base, and aside from the obvious mods, I would want to pull the truck bed and replace it with a flatbed tray.. I would want to bob the rear some so the tray does not extend quite so far. The JKU overhang is ~30", and the Gladiator ~50", and I like the proportions of the JKU much better. Then again, going to a flatbed will probably really improve the departure angle, so the 50 inches may be less of an issue. Then I'd want to build an Australian style camping 'box' to go on back that can be removed relatively easily..

The first is Ronny Dahl's Landcruiser that is essentially the idea I would recreate on the jeep platform:

There are some Australian companies that are starting to import their prefab stuff, but I would prefer to work with a good welder / fabricator to design my own around my camp setup / gear.. And would probably start pretty basic for the box interior, and add to it over time, as I use it and find what works.

I know I'm at least a couple years away, mainly because I want to do a van build first, and that will be a multi year build.. Year one will be primarily the interior conversion and build out, then year two would be a 4x4 conversion (plan to do it all myself).

Hell, there are also some pretty cool campers made in Australia and South Africa, for the tray-back style rigs, and those are starting to be imported as well. By the time I'm ready, I would probably explore those options as well.
                    Last edited by Chili; 05-05-2019, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I'm starting to do some mental planning around the idea of a Gladiator build in the next few years.. I'm thinking Diesel Rubicon as a base, and aside from the obvious mods, I would want to pull the truck bed and replace it with a flatbed tray.. I would want to bob the rear some so the tray does not extend quite so far. The JKU overhang is ~30", and the Gladiator ~50", and I like the proportions of the JKU much better. Then again, going to a flatbed will probably really improve the departure angle, so the 50 inches may be less of an issue. Then I'd want to build an Australian style camping 'box' to go on back that can be removed relatively easily..

The first is Ronny Dahl's Landcruiser that is essentially the idea I would recreate on the jeep platform:

There are some Australian companies that are starting to import their prefab stuff, but I would prefer to work with a good welder / fabricator to design my own around my camp setup / gear.. And would probably start pretty basic for the box interior, and add to it over time, as I use it and find what works.

I know I'm at least a couple years away, mainly because I want to do a van build first, and that will be a multi year build.. Year one will be primarily the interior conversion and build out, then year two would be a 4x4 conversion (plan to do it all myself).

Hell, there are also some pretty cool campers made in Australia and South Africa, for the tray-back style rigs, and those are starting to be imported as well. By the time I'm ready, I would probably explore those options as well.
                      Lofty plans.

...I'm leasing this thing, may buy it in the end if I'm that hooked. But I can't stomach the cost. If I was burying, I'd honestly look at the Ranger or Colorado trucks in 4whl.

I have 2 toy/project cars. Hell, wife debated divorce over the second one. I'm not pushing my luck so I can keep racecar.

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                        Lofty plans.

...I'm leasing this thing, may buy it in the end if I'm that hooked. But I can't stomach the cost. If I was burying, I'd honestly look at the Ranger or Colorado trucks in 4whl.

I have 2 toy/project cars. Hell, wife debated divorce over the second one. I'm not pushing my luck so I can keep racecar.

If I go that far, it would be the intent that it would be my last 4x4..

There was a pretty cool Ranger out with us in Moab.. Sponsor truck, but it had a service body and was decked out pretty nicely, I'll see if I have any pictures.

Edit: Here, it was one of teh BDS suspension rigs.. It's in this video. So am I, if you watch (3:08).. I was in front of them most of that day. Actually, you can see Jared's truck at about 4:48 too.. From the drone shot (in the backgeround).

Last edited by Chili; 05-10-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• I'm definitely bringing the Mavic out when I finally make it to a park...those shots look awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            I'm definitely bringing the Mavic out when I finally make it to a park...those shots look awesome!
                            Yeah, really made me want one..

Comment

Yeah, really made me want one..
                              Dang, I just sold one of the drones I had pretty cheap to a buddy of mine
                              Last edited by Jose; 05-27-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Dang, I just sold one of the drones I had pretty cheap to a buddy of mine
                                Was it an Air? That's the one I plan to get. So if not, don't feel bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X