TRT. Who's on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Damn, 23ga?! I use a 25ga and have to warm up the vial in my hand for a few minutes to thin it up. Otherwise it's thick and is difficult to inject in your other arm. It's kind of an awkward position.

I remember pulling out before and thinking...dammit, now I have to stick myself twice, lol.

Keith, you had mentioned once that you take the AI three days after pinning. Any particular reason why? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else so I was just wondering if you came across some beneficial info as to why.
    Well, I've since wised up and gone to 25ga. My Test is 210mg/ml and I put the barrel of the syringe in my arm pit for a minute. Heck I've used 250mg/ml test and 25ga but it us quite difficult to push even warmed up.

The anastrozole I use is pretty effective the day you take it and only take a half dose at .5mg. I was told 3 days after the pin because that is when the ester breaks down and the test is absorbed. So the time right.

On this mild cycle right now I've been off the AI and I probably wont get back on until after my physical in July...it is bad on lipid panel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I was told 48 hours after injection.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        It has to do with your body adapting to your current estor and not breaking it down fully giving you the full effects if the test it is bound to.
        Sounds like Bro Science

Cypionate and enanthate are slightly different compounds, but I'd say the difference in how you feel is ~100% due to the compounds themselves, not your body changing and adapting to anything over time.
        Oversimplified here, but an ester (used to deliver the T into the body) is a carbon chain with an oxygen atom attached by a double bond, which makes it polar and attracted to water. When it comes in contact with water in the body it starts the hydrolysis process and the carbon chain begins to break down (releasing the T attached to it). The longer the carbon chain, the longer the half life, and the slower the release of T into the body. Cypionate is a C8 chain and enanthate is a C7 chain, so you get a slightly quicker release with Test-E.

Also, due to the fact that there's one less carbon atom in each chain (which leaves more room for other stuff on a per-volume basis) one unit of Test-E will actually have more actual testosterone than one unit of Test-C... so if you didn't change your injection dose, you were likely getting ever so slightly more testosterone in your system when you went to E.

And having said all that, medically they're thought of as "functionally interchangeable" so everything I wrote could be too small to ever notice and it could all be in your head

Clear as mud, right? Were you doing labs on each for comparison, or just going by feel?
        Last edited by Strychnine; 05-21-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          Sounds like Bro Science

Cypionate and enanthate are slightly different compounds, but I'd say the difference in how you feel is ~100% due to the compounds themselves, not your body changing and adapting to anything over time.
          Oversimplified here, but an ester (used to deliver the T into the body) is a carbon chain with an oxygen molecule attached by a double bond, which makes it polar and attracted to water. When it comes in contact with water in the body it starts the hydrolysis process and the carbon chain begins to break down (releasing the T attached to it). The longer the carbon chain, the longer the half life, and the slower the release of T into the body. Cypionate is a C8 chain and enanthate is a C7 chain, so you get a slightly quicker release with Test-E.

Also, due to the fact that there's one less carbon atom in each chain (which leaves more room for other stuff on a per-volume basis) one unit of Test-E will actually have more actual testosterone than one unit of Test-C... so if you didn't change your injection dose, you were likely getting ever so slightly more testosterone in your system when you went to E.

And having said all that, medically they're thought of as "functionally interchangeable" so everything I wrote could be too small to ever notice and it could all be in your head

Clear as mud, right? Were you doing labs on each for comparison, or just going by feel?
          Makes perfect sense, though if you are adjusting your dose to hit a specific overall and free T range, all this means is that you are injecting more or less of a given ester per week. Beer versus wine versus bourbon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Sounds like Bro Science

Oversimplified here, but an ester (used to deliver the T into the body) is a carbon chain with an oxygen atom attached by a double bond, which makes it polar and attracted to water. When it comes in contact with water in the body it starts the hydrolysis process and the carbon chain begins to break down (releasing the T attached to it). The longer the carbon chain, the longer the half life, and the slower the release of T into the body. Cypionate is a C8 chain and enanthate is a C7 chain, so you get a slightly quicker release with Test-E.

Probably a little right about being broscience. I did find this while researching.
            Steroid Remaining After Ester is Removed
            100mg Testosterone Propionate = 83.72mg Testosterone (288.4244/344.4877=0.8372560181)
            100mg Testosterone Enanthate = 71.99mg Testosterone (288.4244/400.5940=0.719991812)
            100mg Testosterone Cypionate = 69.9mg Testosterone (288.4244/412.6047=0.6990332393)
            So at 200mg I was getting just a slight bit more test per dose with the Enanthate.

I am back on the Cypionate now and have been for a while. I only have a 250mg/ml vial of Enanthate as an emergency reserve. I have a bunch of Cypionate here with me and 20ml reserves at home still. I will be back on TRT level doses though by mid June though. I don't need to freak my doc out with bloodwork when I go in mid July.

I would have liked to have done labs for comparison but I was usually back on Test C by the time I got home and did blood work. I did find that I can go to the civilian clinic here on base and do labs. Lipid panel results the same day but test labs have to be sent to Dubai and takes a few days. When I come off the 200mg e3d and get back to 200mg e7d I will do labs to see where I stand before my work physical first of July. I really don't want to add in cholesterol meds but I might have to to get my LDL down.
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 05-24-2019, 07:03 AM.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

The first two times you'll be sitting in your bathroom for a solid 15 minutes trying to stick yourself while in a full blown sweat. It wasn't natural to self inflict bodily pain.

After few times, it's nothing. I actually have a small area that must not have many nerves cause it just glides in like warm butter.
              I never did it myself, but it seems like there is a golden rule to using gear:

You don't get to keep your gains.

Long as you remember that, and you're cool with it, I guess all is well (enough) as long as you don't overdo it so you don't get the whole enlarged heart thing. But yeah I worked at a gym for a long time back in the 2000's, and I'm just a lifelong gym rat and that's what I've seen. You don't get to keep your gains. After you stop doing it, you deflate significantly. If anybody out there ever came up with a reliable way to keep the gains, I'd be interested to hear about it. Might convince me to do it for the first time, but eh, I doubt it. I've also seen some guy pull the gym door off to get in when his subscription got cancelled. So that was also a strike against it.
              WH

Comment

• We are talking about administering one's own TRT shots numbnuts, not juicing. That aside, you are completely incorrect, certain compounds will help the body to grow muscle tissue, thus netting more strength post cycle. Go pound out a few more sets in front of that wooden dumbbell rack of yours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Trt is juicing whether you want to agree or not.

You are artificially increasing your testosterone beyond normal levels. Will I consider it when I'm older? Hell yeah!!!! But im not going to pretend im doing it for any reason other than what everyone else who juices does it for.

Look at all the 55+ year old dudes at the gym unnaturally ripped. That's TRT more often than not...and it ain't natural.

Comment

• Just me happy that theres a legal Avenue to juice

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Trt is juicing whether you want to agree or not.

You are artificially increasing your testosterone beyond normal levels. Will I consider it when I'm older? Hell yeah!!!! But im not going to pretend im doing it for any reason other than what everyone else who juices does it for.

Look at all the 55+ year old dudes at the gym unnaturally ripped. That's TRT more often than not...and it ain't natural.
                      That's just it, it's not beyond normal levels, the intent of TRT is to get a guy back to normal levels. I tested in the 800's a few years ago, came in at 300 when I started TRT a month and a half ago, and am now back in the mid 500's (with the goal being to get back into the 800's). There has been no performance increase, nor have I gained any weight. Just the opposite actually, I'm in a calorie deficit, slowly losing weight (about a lb per week), and strength is on a slight decline. All of the benefits are related to general health, and mental clarity/attitude, nothing monumental at this point, and I don't expect 800 ng/dl to be much different, nor will I be besting any PR's. That's my experience as a life long gym rat, the majority of men on TRT don't even lift, they do it to feel and sleep better.

Those dudes that are ripped at 50 put in the work, have a stellar diet, and have been in good shape their entire adult life. If they are ripped because of gear, they aren't on TRT dosages/T levels. Test-only cycles can absolutely pack on the pounds, but we are talking about dosages that are 5 to 10 times the amount per week.

There's been so little change for me that if I'm not feeling noticeably better at the 6 month mark, I won't be wasting the time or money any longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Trt is juicing whether you want to agree or not.

Uh Juicing is HGH, or steriods.

TRT, or Testosterone Replacement Therapy is testosterone to replace that that is lost or low for whatever reason. So someone who naturally produces testosterone would be over what the "normal" range is, if they were taking testosterone. Someone that isnt producing it at a normal level doesnt really have any advantage over the person that makes it naturally by taking a dose that is within the same range.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          There's been so little change for me that if I'm not feeling noticeably better at the 6 month mark, I won't be wasting the time or money any longer.
                          This is a reason why I don't even want to bother even if I'm lower than normal, at least for now. I'm happy where I'm at gym wise. Haven't yet experienced any symptoms, so I think I'm just going to stay away from it for now. I'll get blood work done next physical when I turn 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            This is a reason why I don't even want to bother even if I'm lower than normal, at least for now. I'm happy where I'm at gym wise. Haven't yet experienced any symptoms, so I think I'm just going to stay away from it for now. I'll get blood work done next physical when I turn 50.
                            This last go 'round I went in honestly expecting to verify that my test hadn't dropped much as I hadn't really noticed a change, but came to find that the change is so subtle that I simply hadn't noticed. Now that levels are coming back up I can definitely see where I had become a bit complacent, even uninterested in life to a point. I didn't see it as a problem, though I will say that I do feel a tad more alive in a positive sense, with more energy to chase our 3 year old around with, which I'm expecting to get better.

If it aint broke don't fix it, but you just may not be aware of what could be improved.

Comment

• Where's everyone going for their TRT? Looks like it's time to find a trt doc. My current PCP lectured me when I had a blood test done and he saw my T level was above 900. I'm hoping to find a Dr that'll eventually let me administer my own injection. I feel like total shit and need to get rid of the bitch tits.
                              Last edited by GeorgeG.; 02-25-2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Where's everyone going for their TRT? Looks like it's time to find a trt doc. My current PCP lectured me when I had a blood test done and he saw my T level was above 900. I'm hoping to find a Dr that'll eventually let me administer my own injection. I feel like total shit and need to get rid of the bitch tits.
                                I recently switched from the low t clinic to a concierge doctor. If you can find one in your area that is also knowledgeable on TRT, it might be worth it to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X