Paint or undercoating bottom of floor pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint or undercoating bottom of floor pans

Just about finished installing new floor pans and now I’m contemplating either just paint or maybe some kind of undercoat. Adding any extra thing for a more comfortable or quiet ride seems worth it. What you guys’ opinion? I’ve already picked up some sound deadner mat for the inside of the car.
    Last edited by 4EyedTurd; 05-11-2019, 09:13 AM.

On my 55, I used the SEM RockiT liner kit. I love it. You can get a tint-able version to color match too. Its a 2 part system. Tough as hell.. forgot to add: I initially stripped all to bare metal, welded in patch panels as needed, then shot 2 coats of SPI epoxy before I shot the rock it.
    Last edited by dcs13; 05-11-2019, 09:34 AM. Reason: added

Comment

That looks pretty good, did you use 1 kit for that? For a little over a $100 I might try it

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
        That looks pretty good, did you use 1 kit for that? For a little over a $100 I might try it
        I ended up with 1 1/2. I did the rear wheel wells and all. But the 55 is a big car.
        Be sure to cover your floor and what you dont want overspray on. That stuff stuck to the floor like crazy. You can see the shadow on the floor that got coated in the pic..

Comment

I'd wanna use that sound deadening stuff. Spectrum Sludge or whatever the hell the real good one is.
          WH

Comment

Working...
          X