$850 for an AR-15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $850 for an AR-15?

Does that sound about right? I dont know details, but i overheard a coworker talking, and it sounds like he is in desperate for cash. Not sure what I would even do with it besides trade it off for something else if i can get it cheaper.

He seems to be pretty gun savvy, as in, he literally has a tattoo of a .357 revolver on his forearm, but i dont know the make/model/modifications.

what do they sell for?
    THE BAD HOMBRE

$400-$2k+

Comment

i know you cant buy with intentions to sell and profit....not sure about trading though.

Comment

this is trumps america. we do what we want now.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Brand , caliber, mods change the price agree with above 400 bottom and up

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            i know you cant buy with intentions to sell and profit....not sure about trading though.
            Well, not immediately. But I'm willing to play the long game.

What is the cost to build right now?

Comment

Hell I've been seeing new fully assembled ready to shoot AR-15's being advertised in the last week for $399 at Grab-a-gun.com...I'm sure they aren't the baddest gun around...but that's pretty cheap for a functioning new AR-15 and they're right there in Dallas.
              Last edited by ram57ta; 02-13-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

As stated above depends on brand, caliber, and other specs. Factory ARs new range from $400 to $2,500 or more. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think theirs is worth way more than it is, just like cars.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I built a Palmetto State Armory AR15 for $450. Shoots great. Spent almost as much as I paid for the gun on a scope though.

Comment

any pics of your AR's and i will get the specs from him tomorrow
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      As stated above depends on brand, caliber, and other specs. Factory ARs new range from $400 to $2,500 or more. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who think theirs is worth way more than it is, just like cars.
                      I paid $1000 for an M&P that retails for under $700 now. Thanks Obama! Then again my Bushmaster was $600 brand new, thanks again Obama!

Comment

C'mon, Nanus Sr sold more ARs and ammo than all previous presidents combined!

Stats are made up, just as if I worked for CNN (FNN)!
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I bought 2 ARs from PalmettoState Armory with full FDE colored Magpul furniture for $399 minus the bare lower. So basically $450 each.

Post up a picture and most here can get you in the ball park on price. But to not gamble on spending more than you should either low ball the shit out of him or buy from a store either built or partials like my 2 above.

Show him were you come from. Offer him 400 and a pack of chewed bubble gum. Dfwm style.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

So just a fair warning that most people who are gun savvy will have several ARs. If they are selling one it's probably not going to be the best one they have. If you don't know what you are looking at it's probably best to pass. If you really want an AR you can buy plenty of them for less money brand new and then add whatever options you want afterward.

Comment

Just tell him you don't know anything about AR's and that you need to call a friend who's an expert. Call me and I'll tell him there's no demand for AR's at the moment, and the best we can do is tree fiddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X