This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    After three waterings and some rain...the shit smell is still there and has done exactly jack shit for the yard. I’ll stick with my tried and true lesco products.
    I’ve had good luck with it.. makes my yard a little darker and healthier looking.. not like regular fertilizer where I’m mowing every 3-4 days
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

image hosting 10mb limit

This was this morning and I put some down recently.. this yard was a complete disaster in April and is coming around well.
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I just looked back and saw when you put it down.. it’s only been a few days and it’s slow release.. give it another week and look at it again..
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I figure five-six days you would notice something. It’s down so we will see.

Comment

The city finally got sod laid, last friday, right before daytime temps spiked to 107 degrees. I almost lost it.

If any of you remember what I started with 5 years ago, this is a HUGE difference.

I'll get some backyard pics after it is cut

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Looking great man!

Did you make those shutters?
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Looking great man!

Did you make those shutters?
                Yessir. Simple 1x4 or 1x6 cedar. No special tools needed. Built with a mounting clete/spacer on the back. Installed with tapcons. Just be sure to prime the back side. I used exterior primer so they don't rot from thr back.

Comment

Is it to late to start giving a shit about the grass/weeds in the backyard? I don’t have a plan yet besides start watering in the evening and see what pops up.

Comment

Anyone got a good piece of advice for getting rid of this stuff? Starting to crop up all over the yard. Thanks!

2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

I'm not sure what that is 'Dallas Grass' is the term I would use, but I may be wrong.

I know this, my Bayer 3-1 killed the stuff like that I had in my yard (along with all the other weeds), so then I had had bare patches, but as soon as I started watering the Bermuda took off. Also we have had some nice extra rain. Two weeks ago my yard is finally back nice and green after last years pounding from the stone installers.

I moved in 4-16, yard had some weeds but I was too late to weed treat by the time I got to it. Then last year I W&F using Bayer 3-1 and watered and it came back real nice, but then I had the flower beds dolled up in Austin White Stone, those clown destroyed my yard. Dumped stone in different areas of the yard, mixed concrete and mortar that killed my grass in spots. Now my yard is finally up for yard of the year...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

It looks like that stuff is growing in weaker spots in the yard, or possibly spots that hold water after a rain? Focus on feeding the grass, strengthening the turf, and choking out the weeds.

I finally went nuclear on my crab grass, they are pretty big patches that have "gone away" the last few years with MSMA, but unfortunately comes back every spring. I hit the biggest one, in the center, with round up.

Comment

This yard had a lot of dallisgrass near the fence and several patches in the middle of the yard.. I’ve been using MSMA for the weeds and milorganite and miracle grow lawn food for fertilizer.. yard was in pretty bad shape a couple months ago.. my front has st Augustine and I’ve been having to rip the dallisgrass by hand after it rains..

"PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                            Anyone got a good piece of advice for getting rid of this stuff? Starting to crop up all over the yard. Thanks!

Crabgras

Comment

I had a small, but satisfying victory last night. I was finally able to remove the longest standing clump of crabrass in my yard. I got sick of looking at it about a month ago while I was out spraying the driveway and flowerbeds with round up, so, I gave it a shot right in the center of the clump. That finally did the trick, it died and last night I dug it out. I went around and hit most of the big stands of it this weekend in the same manner. I figure it will be easier to remediate the soil if necessary to get my bermuda to spread over the bare area than it will be to continue fighting this crap.

In addition to that, we are planning to put our house on the market in the near future, so, curb appeal is a must.

Comment

I sprayed some liquid ironite last weekend trying to get the deep green without the growth surge. I still have some thin spots that I think are needing dethatched, but it is looking pretty good

Comment

Working...
                                X