2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    I didn't put pre emergent out and my yard is covered in these weeds. Anything to put out at this point?
    The guy that is doing my yard used had a bag of Bayer W&F 3-1 with 6 month weed protection. I was reading the bag as he was working. I had weeds just like that except bigger, he scalped the yard and then put this stuff down, I watered 24 hours later and everything seems to have been killed. I only have a small patch of clover leaf by the street, but other than that this shit works. I looked it up at Lowes and its pretty expensive, but I will be using the summer fertilizer since it seemed to work pretty good.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks. I guess scalp it tonight and put some stuff on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Is now a good time to toss some seed down?
        We just finished building and put down some fescue seed down about 2 months ago. It has really taken off, and grows about an inch half a day. I damn near have to mow twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Brand example?
          Depot or lowes , weed b gone works fine.
          Lesco , Ewing or BWI , trimec southern, celcius or just ask at the store, many options .

Comment

Is now a good time to toss some seed down?
            Wait a few more weeks , after Easter would be good. For Bermuda seed

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              We just finished building and put down some fescue seed down about 2 months ago. It has really taken off, and grows about an inch half a day. I damn near have to mow twice a week.
              Until it dies?

Or is there fescue that will survive here? Zemog?
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                Until it dies?

I'm sure it will die this summer. Very little survives texas heat, unless you are watering it.

Comment

I'm sure it will die this summer. Very little survives texas heat, unless you are watering it.
                  Even further north, in Tulsa, we could only keep it alive if it was out of afternoon sun.

I liked it, other than that. I was just just wondering if someone had found or modified one to survive here.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                    Wait a few more weeks , after Easter would be good. For Bermuda seed
                    We're aiming to put the house on the market around easter, so Ill just blow that off. Thanks for the reply.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Until it dies?

It's what we use in heavy shade , still add seed every year to keep lush. It's good until July usually in the sun , as stated with water daily it can go longer.

Comment

We're aiming to put the house on the market around easter, so Ill just blow that off. Thanks for the reply.
                        Go ahead and throw out some rye / Bermuda mix that will get you green by Easter and the Bermuda should still come in.

Comment

Even further north, in Tulsa, we could only keep it alive if it was out of afternoon sun.

I liked it, other than that. I was just just wondering if someone had found or modified one to survive here.
                          I'm hoping he natural grass takes over. Last year it stayed greenish all year. We just finished building and it was really muddy, so I just bought what was cheap to try and get a little something going. We have black clay here, and man it is some nasty stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                            It's what we use in heavy shade , still add seed every year to keep lush. It's good until July usually in the sun , as stated with water daily it can go longer.
                            I'm originally from NC, and fescue is extremely common there. It would brown out some on the high temps of summer if there was extended dry periods and you didn't water, but it was pretty resilient. It's what was in so many baseball fields in the outfields. Some even used the Rebel blend (turf type fescue) for the infields. You do have to keep it watered though, but it makes for a nice yard.

My front yard is still so green from rye. The bermuda underneath is starting to come alive. I'm about to spread a sand/soil/bermuda seed mixture across it after I mow it super close next time and water it in hoping to strengthen my bermuda stand. I lost a lot of it last year thanks to the idiot yard guy who never got up all the leaves and thatch from previous winter. Needless to say I'm back to taking care of the yard treatments and my 13 year old is now mowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              The guy that is doing my yard used had a bag of Bayer W&F 3-1 with 6 month weed protection. I was reading the bag as he was working. I had weeds just like that except bigger, he scalped the yard and then put this stuff down, I watered 24 hours later and everything seems to have been killed. I only have a small patch of clover leaf by the street, but other than that this shit works. I looked it up at Lowes and its pretty expensive, but I will be using the summer fertilizer since it seemed to work pretty good.

I started using Bayer W&F last year and had good results with it on St. Augustine. I just put some down last week too. Just follow the directions and you should be good.

Comment

So my front yard was 90% weeds(maybe 99%), this was my first time ever to put down pre emergent and my yard is bare as fuck right now.. I did Scott's 2x weed and feed a couple weeks ago and it's putting a whipping on the clover and other things.. I did the pre emergent at the end of January so I'm gonna seed in mid-late may.. I was given several large bags of Scott's bermuda seed..
                                Also have fescue clumps.. I just spot treated those a couple days ago

Last edited by Stephen; 03-31-2017, 08:02 PM.
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X