Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new ride

Bringing the OBS Powerstroke back.

Sooo, I finally sold my Titan I bought on here six years ago. Loved the truck but never cared for the styling and 2wd was a solid negative. In the interest of trimming down the fleet, especially since I have a company ride now, I decided I needed a 4x4 truck instead of a Jeep, Truck, and sports car. I am now the proud owner of a 1997 Ford extended cab 4x4 long bed. The body is super straight, interior is decent, and she drives perfect. Honestly, these damn trucks have some of the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. I know I drove my 95 Crew up to Kansas and back straight and never was uncomfortable. Plus the AC in these things is ridiculous. I don't want to repaint it but there is a paint issue on the tailgate on a lower corner, and a couple of spots by the gas cap. I guess I could just call it Patina! The drivers seat could use a new cover but is not bad, and it just really needs a good detail.

Plans.

Scuff and touch up the two paint areas (Suggestions?), wash and buff the rest of the truck.
    Shackle flip or some kind of level kit for the front
    33x12.5's or 35's
    Can't decide on factory seat covers or going custom but matching the interior. Just to damn much blue to change.
    Back seat may go in favor of a system and custom tool box storage area. Although A monster center console replacement with some tens might work.
    Needs exhaust and air filter not wanting to go crazy. Looks like it has a DP tuner but not sure. I know setting one is idle up and guy said two was plus 60. Would like to know for sure though and he was going to get back to me.
    Found a Ranch hand winch bumper I am negotiating for.
    Headlights need an upgrade.
    Mount the roof lights he bought for it. Maybe.
    Either way, we will see how the wind blows me on this one.
    It is amazing to me how well of a condition some of these old trucks are in. Even the damn cruise control works. Truck is completely stock other than the tuner. 199k miles.

I drove to F ing Austin Saturday, to look at a 2001 with 157k miles, built like a pre runner. It was 5k more than this one, check engine light was on, ran like shit, drove like shit, the rear body was just cut off not blended, the paint was a 300 footer, windows didn't work, and the interior looked like crap, total catfish with the glamor shots. Also it appeared the hydro boost was leaking all over the drivers side. Oh and to top it off when I popped the hood, the custom air filter was laying in the bottom of the filter box. This was 5 minutes of looking at it. Said he was selling it for a buddy but it was at a dealership and came out of Arizona. I almost lost my cool on that moron.

Either way you win some you lose some.
    Whos your Daddy?

I've got a 94 F350 Crewcab Dually with the 7.3L non turbo. Its slow as hell but pulled everything I asked it to for many years. I've upgraded to a newer tow vehicle.

I can't bring myself to sell this old girl as it just has personality. Parts are a plenty and it sits in the corner of my warehouse while I slowly gather parts to clean it up more.

New headlights and an aftermarket chrome grill really freshen up these trucks.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Wonder if it’s an age deal, but I’ve been looking at older rides lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        My thing is how many new 80k trucks take a shit in the first five years and hell I don't put that many miles on my cars. If you can find one of these under 100k miles they are 30k or more. The crew, one ton,4x4, long beds are even more ridiculous. I didn't want a 30 ft truck again though!

On a side note, I worked a deal for a random amount of ammo in trade for two full Ranch Hands. The front is what I want as this thing has a the big ass towing bumper. The one I am getting is the big bastard you can walk around on and has a winch pocket. If I can get this thing tweaked out for under 3k, winner winner.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I 100% agree with this except that I have 3 small kids and they aren’t very conducive to car seats. However once they are older I will definitely be reverting to this and get an older diesel if they aren’t outlawed by then. I would love to have a 1st Gen Dodge or 7th Gen F150. By then my 2019 will be due to be parted with lol.

Let’s see some more pics!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            My thing is how many new 80k trucks take a shit in the first five years and hell I don't put that many miles on my cars. If you can find one of these under 100k miles they are 30k or more. The crew, one ton,4x4, long beds are even more ridiculous. I didn't want a 30 ft truck again though!

On a side note, I worked a deal for a random amount of ammo in trade for two full Ranch Hands. The front is what I want as this thing has a the big ass towing bumper. The one I am getting is the big bastard you can walk around on and has a winch pocket. If I can get this thing tweaked out for under 3k, winner winner.
            I bought a 2019 F350, cc, lwb, srw, loaded. Truck was about $75k. At the time, I was getting vehicle reimbursement. I took another position, lost the vehicle reimbursement and began working at home. That's a hell of a monthly for a driveway ornament. Demand and prices for used trucks are retarded, so I sold it and got out clean. I'll have another one, but at this point, I'd rather have a toy.

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            I 100% agree with this except that I have 3 small kids and they aren’t very conducive to car seats. However once they are older I will definitely be reverting to this and get an older diesel if they aren’t outlawed by then. I would love to have a 1st Gen Dodge or 7th Gen F150. By then my 2019 will be due to be parted with lol.

Let’s see some more pics!
            2/3 of mine are grown. One has her own ride and pays for it, my wife has a GX460, and I'm without for the moment. I've been looking at reg cabs, older club cabs, etc.

Comment

I feel that way about old chevy seats. Not old as in worn. But they're just great. Ford has killed their seats this past... 20 years? Something like that. They're ass hurters.
              WH

Comment

Nice OBS, I still think a 460,5spd, crew cab would be fun to daily and haul in

Comment

I bought a 2019 F350, cc, lwb, srw, loaded. Truck was about $75k. At the time, I was getting vehicle reimbursement. I took another position, lost the vehicle reimbursement and began working at home. That's a hell of a monthly for a driveway ornament. Demand and prices for used trucks are retarded, so I sold it and got out clean. I'll have another one, but at this point, I'd rather have a toy.
                  When my wife ditched her dream job and I had just bought her a Murano Platinum I learned my lesson. We were fine but it was unexpected for sure. Sold my crazy toys, paid off her car, and still had my Titan, slowly bought and swapped a toy here and there. Once I got a take home car I was like damn I have too many cars. My M Roadster keeps me fully satisfied for a sports car and this should keep me entertained for my truck and 4x4. Bicycles have kept me entertained and I need to get my dirt bike, dune buggy groove back on and stuff back a bunch for retirement. Much cheaper than building cars and stuffing LS and modern tech into them. They were threatening me with stars at work and my wife is looking at going back to work. Even then, I won't buy a new truck. Crazy Crazy. I drove that Titan for six years and sold it for what I paid for it.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Apparently ammo is the price of gold now. I even offered up my Glock 22 LR conversion and the guy was like nope, I just want some ammo. So, now I have two sets of Ranch Hands but the big ass winch bumper makes me smile. On a side note my neighbors probably thought I was nutz out detailing yesterday before work. The interior came out well. Had to order leather wrap for the wheel and a dash bezel but a little carpet cleaner went a long way. I can't decide, two inch lift and 33's, or Shackle flip Front 1997 Dana 60 and 35's. Finding the right front axle or just switching both to both SD axles is going to cut into my budget to much I think. Not a super hard project though if I can find some.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ranch hand, check, new headlights and such, check, new console, check. On a side note, F U Ford for those two bolts behind the headlights. Now, to strip out the rear seat and throw in a subwoofer/shelving set up, or build me a subwoofer that comes up and over the seat on my side. I will never use the back seat. I guess I could pull and store it begrudgingly. I almost, and still might, build a console that rounded into the back and took over the whole back area. I really don't know why I am fighting pulling the back seat. Also I am struggling with wheel choice. I think 285 75 16s will look perfect. Might need a shackle flip in the front, but honestly, jut replacing the stock springs with new springs might be enough. I think a add a leaf would ride rougher than I am looking for. My boss has claimed dibbs if I sell it. I listed the bumpers for sale and people were calling me trying to buy the truck. NutZ

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Fwiw, you can create an album of all the pics you'd like to share and share a single link. Lookin good bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Fwiw, you can create an album of all the pics you'd like to share and share a single link. Lookin good bubba.

But But.

Man these newfangled high end 12 and amps are tough. Extra storage and a little thump. Win win. Whats funny is the radio is oldddd. It has a mic plug in and usb but my phone was not digging it. I had to tune it on HD FM. Tuesday I should have all that rectified with components and new head unit. Got to tweak my remote start also it runs for 10 minutes. I mean WTF.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yeah the modern luxuries are always a problem for me when it comes to my old vehicles. Makes me not want to drive em. Also makes me want to spend more money on them, updating them. GPS dash computer thing in the SN95, air bags so the old chevy will ride nice. Along with automatic windows for both. The list gets longer every year, and the prices are getting higher.

That's why I keep putting it off. I keep weighing that vs just buying newer stuff. The new stuff already has the luxuries without having to do work installing them.
                            WH

Comment

Was driving this bitch to my moms house the other day and noticed a distinct electrical smell. First time running the AC for any time so I shut er down. Got to moms and the compressor was smoking. Unplugged it and drove home no issues. Then randomly driving around the smell would come back. Climbed up on the bumper and gave her a sniff, well I guess the clutch is going to, hot AF and smelled of electrical. Oh, and two weeks of rain plus, fat bastard truck, and hard ass tires prior to my new ones equals new cracks in the driveway and the garage, albeit hairline. Freaked me out, so I had a company come out to run the foundation. First guy, kind of young, thought my garage was down and inch in one corner but when I went out he was measuring where there was a dip in the ceiling. The other guy, a 15 year guy, signed off on my house being within spec. I have been meaning to get my house checked anyways. My driveway was one of the few survivors in the neighborhood surprisingly with the shit I park in it. I did notice when the wife was driving in one day this summer I could here that solid hollow thud noise. I mean I was just dumb enough to be driving on and off the sides and doing 4 point turns on the piece outside of the garage. Note to self, drive in and out in a straight line.

On a side note, AC shit for this truck is cheap. Just mad I threw away my Harbor freight evac pump two years ago and my gauges. I need a shop that will just charge it. I need to slap on the compressor just so I don't pop the belt going somewhere. I am going to replace all the idlers and belt while I am doing this.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-29-2021, 04:16 PM.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X