No announcement yet.

Message board for only 20-30 people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If new people come to a sub forum, we can still “haze” them right?

Same criteria, post gf or so tits or gtfo etc..
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

My schedule is a shit storm, I'm usually in the Richardson area on Mondays though.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        Maybe rebrand the name to include other muscle cars. I think there's a bunch of other groups with cool peeps. Camaro's, CTS-V's, Vette's, etc
        While some don't like this idea its board line genius at this point. After all how many people here still have there mustangs. Secondly how many people are even looking for a "board" at this point in time. These places are invaluable for real knowledge and learning. The book of faces has the worst advice and or knowledge being spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Then pay up to keep them out.....
          Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
          While some don't like this idea its board line genius at this point. After all how many people here still have there mustangs. Secondly how many people are even looking for a "board" at this point in time. These places are invaluable for real knowledge and learning. The book of faces has the worst advice and or knowledge being spread.
          Easy there killer, I was joking w/my post. This isn't my house, I have no say in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            Easy there killer, I was joking w/my post. This isn't my house, I have no say in the matter.
            I thought your California comment was spot on was

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
              Just made a membership contribution to help in a small way. Thanks for keeping this dysfunctional place going!
              Same here.. Just sent you $20 Tyler! I don't visit as often as I used to but all of my best / closest friends come from this group (even if they aren't still all on here).

As to the OP's Youtube group need, offer Tyler some cash and maybe you can talking him into setting up a private subforum for your group!

Although I cringe in considering having to deal with an influx of newbs, a (predominantly) locally based forum for all types of cars and makes is really what this place has become, in use, anyhow.

Comment

I appreciate the support from everyone!
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                  This is pretty much my thoughts as well. I've been on a few message boards (NLOC, DFWM, NHTOC) and have always found plenty of knowledge and helpful folks. The only downside is that Photobucket probably screwed up a lot of historical posts that included detailed pics.

I've also been on a few FB groups (CTS-V's, Sierra/Silverado groups, F100 groups) and it seems those are mostly people just showing off their rides. That's all fine and dandy but the search function along with the technical history just isn't the same as a message board. The only plus side with FB groups is that pics will be there forever but again, I think that will mostly be pics of completed rides.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                    This is pretty much my thoughts as well. I've been on a few message boards (NLOC, DFWM, NHTOC) and have always found plenty of knowledge and helpful folks. The only downside is that Photobucket probably screwed up a lot of historical posts that included detailed pics.

I've also been on a few FB groups (CTS-V's, Sierra/Silverado groups, F100 groups) and it seems those are mostly people just showing off their rides. That's all fine and dandy but the search function along with the technical history just isn't the same as a message board. The only plus side with FB groups is that pics will be there forever but again, I think that will mostly be pics of completed rides.
                    An older crowd, or at least more hobbyist type car guys, would be a good crowd for us older folks. Like classic car guys! They bring a wealth of knowledge, and also less likely to tolerate a bunch of punk ass newb kids.

Comment

Would anyone leave if we rebranded and renamed the site? I may invest a little in a new domain and latest bbord software to make it easier to use the site and upload photos etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        Would anyone leave if we rebranded and renamed the site? I may invest a little in a new domain and latest bbord software to make it easier to use the site and upload photos etc.
                        I'm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          Honestly, I'm down for anything to grow the board,but don't bother if your going to let all the new guys get chased away by the old guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                            Honestly, I'm down for anything to grow the board,but don't bother if your going to let all the new guys get chased away by the old guard.
                            Qft!

Comment

I dont like the idea of a name change but I'm nobody.
                              Originally posted by Marisa
                              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                                I dont like the idea of a name change but I'm nobody.
                                I'll leave a DFWM theme and domain name so it won't appear any different :-D

It's too bad DFWM.com is taken..... since 1985 wtf

Comment

Working...
                                X