Apes on a FLTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apes on a FLTR

Who's done this? I picked up some 12" bars for my 07 Road glide. I've heard mixed bullshit about whether or not u need to expand wiring/cables. 12" isn't too crazy, so I'm hoping it all buttons up nicely. I may have to "re-rout" my clutch cable. Any experienced input is greatly appreciated.

ten inches is about the limit for stock stuff. im guessing if you dont want to extend anything youre not going to wire them internally which looks like shit imo

Comment

What looks like shit? Internal wiring? It doesn't bother me either way honestly. Current bars are stock and wires are external. I'd like to wire internal if possible. So, I may be getting an extension kit in the future.

Comment

Well, it appears my wires were extended previous to me. Internally wiring them. Holy Santa Claus shit, this is about the dumbest shit I've ever had the displeasure of attempting. I can't for the life of me get one side to pull thru. The bars do have some heavy angled corners... so, I'm gunna try some different lubes and chains to get it through.

Comment

When I do wire extensions I run a piece of looped throttle cable thru, black tape the wires to the cable, grease them up and spray wd40 down the bars. It pulls thru fairly easily even with all the throttle wires included
          Originally posted by soap
          i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I think apes are stupid as shit, hence why I had to get away from selling parts at a Harley dealership lol. To each their own. Just my opinion.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
              I think apes are stupid as shit, hence why I had to get away from selling parts at a Harley dealership lol. To each their own. Just my opinion.
              i think they look great (at a reasonable height) and my 12.5 in wild one chubbys were much more comfortable than my stock street glide bars

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                I think dudes with apes and the high foot pegs look like bitches about to get a gyno exam, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  I think dudes with apes and the high foot pegs look like bitches about to get a gyno exam, but to each their own.
                  almost as foolish as bragging about food on the internet...almost.

i give your post 1 michelin star!

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Highway pegs? They definitely help keep you from getting stiff. Being able to change positions and stretch your legs.

Comment

Working...
                    X