Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official DFWMustangs Mountain Bike thread, sponsored by Brawndo, Osiris and Dos Equis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bike rack do y'all use? I need one that will run on my 91 gt... I have a nice saris bones3 that will not work! The "upper" straps aren't long enough to reach. The sake rack worked wonders on my coupés, just not a hatch gt I guess.

Comment

• Hitches get all the bitches. Thule hitch mount.

Comment

• Since I moved to Dallas I haven't touched my Niner but there is a badass 17mi paved trail from my hood to deep ellum. It's a lot of fun on my weekender. Minimal street crossings. Check it out: Whiterock Creek Trail to the Santa Fe Trail.

Comment

• Gonna try to ride RCP tomorrow, around 10am. I'll be in a Beige brodozer.
          Been a while so I'll be slow.

follow up
          Damn what a great day to ride it was.
          Did 10.2 miles, doing all loops but 7 and 13. Stay off loop 6, its jacked with the water rising a while back, lots of sand and the middle part I lost where the trail was and had to drudge through lots of brush.

edit #2 - So the last time I rode, my arms were numb-ish for like a month after. This last ride, i didnt DEATH grip my handles and did my best to keep my wrists straight. Made a huge difference, I'm ready to get back out there. Still going to upgrade to paddle style handles soon.
          Last edited by mustang_revival; 10-05-2015, 10:46 AM. Reason: updated
          WRX

Comment

• Anyone doing DORBA Judgement Day 07/23? Intermediate (~70 miles), Advanced (~100 miles) and Advanced SS. 10 trails, starting at Cedar Hill and ending at Frisco. I signed up for Intermediate. I've never done that kind of distance on my mountain bike in a day but with the breaks between trails I should do okay. You get 24 hours to complete it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              Anyone doing DORBA Judgement Day 07/23? Intermediate (~70 miles), Advanced (~100 miles) and Advanced SS. 10 trails, starting at Cedar Hill and ending at Frisco. I signed up for Intermediate. I've never done that kind of distance on my mountain bike in a day but with the breaks between trails I should do okay. You get 24 hours to complete it.
              Well it wasn't pretty but I finished. 72 miles of riding and 200 miles of driving. I started at 6 AM Saturday and finished at 2 AM Sunday. I had a good pace through the first 8 trails (~56 miles) but totally fell apart after that. I had plenty of water and hydration through the day but I don't think I ate enough. It took me 2 hours to do the final 8 miles at Frisco because I had to keep stopping to rest. Lots of room for improvement for next year. I don't know if I want to try to do the 100 miles or do the intermediate again and try to smash my time.

Comment

• I just did this for the 1st time ever. Pretty damn fun. And what a fucking workout. My ass was handed to me...hahahah

Bro in law had another bike so we went to Erwin Park up in north Mckinney. Haven't ridding a bike in like forever, and it showed. LOL.

I'm kinda of hooked, even though it's 1st time. I know the 2 he bought used were between 5-750$. So if anyone could give me little advice on okay brand and features, would be great.

Comment

• I feel like a broken record, started back riding 3 weeks ago just in town and hit a trail for the first time in a long time last Thursday. You should be able to find a good used bike in DFW, both of mine are Specialized, one is a 2007 Rockhopper which is great for riding around town and the other is a 2010 XC. Stick to good brands like Trek, Specialized, Giant, Cannondale etc and find you a couple year old mid level bike that someone bought and never really used and get it for half of the new price.

Comment

• Well, I ended up getting a new one. I know, I know..but fock it.

Trek Marlin 7, 17.5

Picked it up couple days ago after spending over an hour between 3 diff bikes. Not sure if it's just me being new to this, but damn, seat is not comfortable at all..haha. I feel like getting another seat with more cushing. Even the bike the bro let me borrow wasn't too comfortable. Was wanting to hit up Erwin park again this weekend, but not sure on the rain

Comment

• Get a good set of shorts and even then as weird as it sounds your ass will take some time to get use to it lol. I upgraded to a WTB seat on mine with a little more padding, but it still takes a couple weeks of riding 2-3 times to get past the uncomfortableness.

Comment

• Just started riding myself and wow what a workout. Rode my DORBA trail a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked. I'll add that it took me a week for my balls to recover. I need to look into some shorts and maybe upgrading my seat.

Comment

• I got a new seat and what a difference. Lot more comfortable.

I forgot actual name, but it looks very similar to this.

I'll post it when I get home tonight.

Will probably do some riding on the road couple times during the week and hit trails on weekend(depends if muddy or not). I'm beyond out of shape and barely can finish the 1st part of Erwin park....LOL

Comment

• I'll have to look into that. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• I bought one of these last month. My first ride was decent but you could tell there was different pressure areas VS the standard seat. The next two rides were decent and I didn't notice the change up to much. Time will tell but so far it is fine.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Here is seat i got
                                Gonna try it tomorrow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X