No announcement yet.

Texas Property Tax Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robin hood is why your taxes are so high. our little town had only 1-8 but still sent over 600k to the state to send to the fucking valley to educate illegals . dont want your kids in a shithole school ? move .

Comment

Love my taxes! Ag exemption for my pecan orchard
      a 2014 4 bed 2 bath double wide on 13 acres with a shop my taxes are $31 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
        a 2014 4 bed 2 bath double wide on 13 acres with a shop my taxes are $31 a year.
        I take it you've only been there a year? No way is taxed at a value under $200

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Been here 2 going on 3 years. last year it was 26 a year. When I bought it. It got appraised at somewhere around 220-250 I can't remember.
          Last edited by krazy kris; 05-22-2019, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Move out to the sticks and shit gets cheaper. Yeah you don't get a ton of the amenities like you do in a big city and you have to take a 2-3 mile gravel road to the house. The roads can be an issue they chew up tires pretty quick.

Comment

Been here 2 going on 3 years. last year it was 26 a year. When I bought it. It got appraised at somewhere around 220-250 I can't remember.
              So your house is appraised at a few grand? This really sounds like when people are getting taxed on land only then they finally get a real tax bill with the "improvements" on it.

Comment

So your house is appraised at a few grand? This really sounds like when people are getting taxed on land only then they finally get a real tax bill with the "improvements" on it.
                No sir when I went to apply at the county office for the ag exemption I took my inspection report of the home, shop dimensions, a couple carport deminsions, and a porch deminsion

Comment

Without the AG and homestead my taxes were going to be about 1k a year

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    $158k for Hank Carter, the coach at Lake Travis High School. More than triple the average teacher salary at the same school.

Well, with the property taxes that isn't going far.

They will take until it's all gone. If it wasn't for insurance and taxes I might could retire one day

Comment

A close friend of mine has some property in Wood County, around 10 acres I think. His taxes were right at $450/yr and he got ag exemption for honey bees and his taxes dropped to $11/year.

We're going to attempt the same on our property in Dallas County. We keep bees, among other livestock, but the bees seems to be the simplest route to an ag exemption.

The cool part is they don't care who owns the bees. Just that you have legit bee hives on your property. There are plenty of beekeepers out there looking for places to keep hives. We have 4 hives and the same friend mentioned above keeps 4 hives on our property (total of 8 for the challenged among us).

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        A close friend of mine has some property in Wood County, around 10 acres I think. His taxes were right at $450/yr and he got ag exemption for honey bees and his taxes dropped to $11/year.

We're going to attempt the same on our property in Dallas County. We keep bees, among other livestock, but the bees seems to be the simplest route to an ag exemption.

The cool part is they don't care who owns the bees. Just that you have legit bee hives on your property. There are plenty of beekeepers out there looking for places to keep hives. We have 4 hives and the same friend mentioned above keeps 4 hives on our property (total of 8 for the challenged among us).
                        I understand how ag exemptions work I just didnt know how cheap mobile homes are. It sounds like they basically just knocked out the entire value of his house with the homestead.

Comment

$158k for Hank Carter, the coach at Lake Travis High School. More than triple the average teacher salary at the same school.
                          Coach Samples makes $139k a year.
                          My wife made about 65k as a athletic trainer. She did that 6 years and quit. She absolutely hated the teaching part. For her 65k a year she worked over a 100 hours a week. I think the coaches put in more than that. Why the fuck they make anyone in athletics teach is beyond me. Let them coach only, work about 40 hours a week and pay them 60k.

I don't really think it is the teachers pay adding up. It's the fact they have so much administration now, counselors, little side helpers, they cater to any and everything. That on top of the billion dollar stadiums and schools just gets ridiculous. I have no kids but I don't mind paying school taxes. Years ago someone made a good point on that. People paid for me to go to school as a kid, so it is a pay it forward type of deal.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That's all fine and well, for now. Just wait until some new scum looks at that and sees dollar signs. Suddenly that will change. Cause guys that money really would help us out a lot here. Think of the children.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Years ago someone made a good point on that. People paid for me to go to school as a kid, so it is a pay it forward type of deal.
                            Slave mindset. Masta feeds and houses you so you really should just do the work. If you don't you'll get the whip anyway so just do the work. Remarkably similar to this situation huh? We could privatize all the schools and let them compete for your money IF you have any kids who are of the age to need a school. If you don't, then you have no reason to pay a school.

This is all nothing but pure parasitism. Its why Trump wants the Department of Education gone, and I support him 100% and I hope he achieves it. Just like with welfare and all the rest, it of course long ago lost its original purpose. It now only exists to sustain and improve upon itself, and not to do its actual job.
                            Last edited by Gasser64; 05-23-2019, 05:10 AM.
                            WH

Comment

A buddy in Gunter screwed himself by not checking out Ag requirements before he bought. He’s on a hair under 9 acres, 8 if you carve out the house. Grayson requires 10 for everything except for bees. So he now has bee hives but he missed his window to roll over the Ag exemption. The Ag guy did credit him 2 years, but had he applied within 2 years he wouldn’t be in the position he is in now. He uses a Wrangler. We prepared a 15’ x 30’ pad with landscaping fabric, topped with rock, and built a 25’ fence to block the north wind. The bee wrangler does everything else for a period of 5 years.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Every county is different with their AG/wildlife exemption standards. If you're planning on buying land and doing an exemption on it my advice would be to go talk to the county and see what their rules are for that county. For example I had bought 10 acres in Eastland county just to go out and hunt on and camp. I did a wildlife exemption where I had to make a few bird houses, put up feeders, and put in a food plot for supplementary feed, had a pond on it for water, did predator control. In the county I'm in now anything under 100 acres doesn't qualify for the wildlife exemption.

Comment

Working...
                                X