State Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    I saw someone mention a steak and lobster baked potato that was delicious. I couldn't find them though. We took the kids yesterday.
    I didn't see or hear about that, but I did see fried Lobster tail, but it was like 45 coupons or some shit. It was on the backside of the cotton bowl just down from the Main stage.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Thanks fellas! I will probably be packing also....I heard they have half price food on Thursdays at most of the food stands...so who knows I might just go next Thursday
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        Thanks fellas! I will probably be packing also....I heard they have half price food on Thursdays at most of the food stands...so who knows I might just go next Thursday
        Not all vendors are doing this and they are not half price but rather discounted items.
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          but I did see fried Lobster tail, but it was like 45 coupons or some shit.
          Yeah, man. It's "chicken fried lobster with champagne gravy" and it's pretty good.

Last time we went to the fair we had more coupons than 4 of us could use in a whole day (like $1000 worth - thread here). We hit the fried lobster stand very last and ended up buying lobster for people just so we wouldn't leave with tickets.
          Just the other day my wife mentioned the fair, then paused and said, "... but fuck that. I'm not going back because I don't want to pay and we'll never top that one trip."

Comment

Now I have to try it. And I remember that thread, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post

Comment

Oh and get a chance to drive a Corvette.

Comment

Went today for the first time in forever. Was a pretty good time, tried a bunch of different fried stuff. That seafood baked potato was like 65 tickets, fuck that. The line at all of the Fletcher's stands was ridiculously long, we had the kids with us and just kept on walking. My kids are either too small or were not interested in the rides and didn't seem to care about the midway.

We paid $15 to park and then bought $105 in tickets which was hard to use up without doing a bunch of rides. The thrifty Thursday worked out at a few places to try some of the random fried stuff for half price.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    That seafood baked potato was like 65 tickets, fuck that.
                    I went yesterday to try this as well. I saw the price and said the exact same thing. Not paying $30 for a fucking baked potato.

Comment

it was more fun when you was younger and could pick up chicks and also get drunk!

Comment

This is the time of year I miss Dallas the most. The State Fair is always a must do. Can't wait to either move back or simply be able to take my wife and kiddos one day.

Comment

What other state fairs have you guys been to, in other states? Any other good ones out there? I'll go to them given the chance.
                          WH

Comment

Since we have decided to no longer spend any of our money in the city of Dallas, the State Fair is out of our plans for good. It’s a good fair too, although the last time we went was in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              What other state fairs have you guys been to, in other states? Any other good ones out there? I'll go to them given the chance.
                              I'd say if opportunity presents itself - I'd go to any state/county fair you can just to check it out. I've had some good times at the Texas State Fair, but I've had good times at fairs up north as well. Not better, just different. Also some of these other smaller fairs are less of a ripoff and less crowded which makes for a better time.

Bah - I have to insert the "old person" caveat. I've been in TX 22 years now - so it's been 22 years or so since I've been to any others - so mix that in a little.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                I've been to the New Mexico State Fair. It's actually pretty cool also. Lot's of American Indian things such as arts & crafts and especially food. And, being NM, lots of the food is laced with green chile. It's definitely a different, but cool, experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X