No announcement yet.

Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's crazy how hard it is to go back to eating right when you have one bad day.

Comment

• I'm down over 10lbs since the beginning of November, started at 195, down to 183 a couple of days ago. Goal is to get back at or under 170 so all my clothes fit without issue.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
        I've always read that the darker the strip is doesn't necessarily mean better. Similar to being pregnant either you're in ketosis or not. Some of the boards say that trace amounts may actually be better because you're actually in the exact position you need to be in.

Any thoughts?
        Color on the strip means ketones are being produced, yes.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• And just like that, the 10lbs of muscle gained over the Thanksgiving break are gone. Can't wait to do this all over again for Christmas. On a side note, if ever wanting to break keto, do so with Japanese ice cream. Ho-lee-fuk it's good.
          Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
          I've always read that the darker the strip is doesn't necessarily mean better. Similar to being pregnant either you're in ketosis or not. Some of the boards say that trace amounts may actually be better because you're actually in the exact position you need to be in.
          Almost reads like they are confused between ketosis and ketoacidosis.

Comment

• I don't use the strips, I use the House of Keto "breathalyzer" that tells me if I'm within Ketogenic range.

It works well, but REALLY confuses alcohol for ketones. Do not trust it after drinking, only use(trust) when you haven't had alcohol.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I did the Dallas marathon half today in 1:55:31 which is an 8:48 pace. I did eat a bunch of carbs and shit over the past two days though to get ready, started with a big baked potato on Friday. This is my second fastest finish of the five half marathons I have done. Point being, I think even if you don't have any energy in your system for endurance events, you can quickly add it a day or two before hand or even during the event. The weight loss from keto probably helped more than anything.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Been doing one meal a day (aka Omad) for a couple of weeks now to toughen up. Eating nothing outside of a 30 minute eating window. Feel just fine. I want to be able to go days without eating and be so used to it that it doesn't really bother me. Stomach growls are just noises to me now, no real hunger pain from them anymore. Also lifting during this time. The strain from lifting can get the stomach bitching about food though. Sometimes.
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Been doing one meal a day (aka Omad) for a couple of weeks now to toughen up. Eating nothing outside of a 30 minute eating window. Feel just fine. I want to be able to go days without eating and be so used to it that it doesn't really bother me. Stomach growls are just noises to me now, no real hunger pain from them anymore. Also lifting during this time. The strain from lifting can get the stomach bitching about food though. Sometimes.
                  Same here, one keto breakfast during the weekdays (wife works late so dinner isn’t non-issue) and then do a 12/12 Friday to switch to weekend dinners. I am off strict keto on weekends (but at or above maintenance to prevent going catabolic) then straight back into 5 days of strict keto for one meal a day. Quite happy.
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Same here, one keto breakfast during the weekdays (wife works late so dinner isn’t non-issue) and then do a 12/12 Friday to switch to weekend dinners. I am off strict keto on weekends (but at or above maintenance to prevent going catabolic) then straight back into 5 days of strict keto for one meal a day. Quite happy.
                    Discipline snob.

Comment

• Got back in ketosis a few days ago. Took a 26 hr fast followed by a small meal and another 22hrs fasting to get ketones to register on my piss strips.

Started on 28 Dec at 191-192lbs. Sitting at 184.5 tonight.

Looking to cut this fat weight I put on while eating more to improve my gym gains. I met my goals in the gym and now it's time to trim out before vacation. 62 days to get to 175ish. Should be easy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Comment

• I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
                          This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
                          breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
                          lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
                          dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
                          I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
                          I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
                            This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
                            breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
                            lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
                            dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
                            I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
                            I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.
                            You’re not going full keto if you plan to slam heavy sugar carb craft beer every week.

That said...

Run hard keto for 5 days straight and do it in a 3 hour window... like 1,800 cal in 3 hours and fast 21. I wake up early, so I prefer breakfast. I bet even with your cheat day you’ll lose weight and feel better.

Plus note: you’ll get fucking trashed on craft beer day fast!
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

• Yeah you want to be "fat adapted" which is where you body has set itself to run on alternate fuel. Fat, instead of carbs and sugars. You've got to kick it out of fat storage mode, and carbs are a good way to keep it in fat storage mode. You have about 400 grams of glycogen in your liver. That's the main fuel tank. The minute that tank is emptied, the body switches over to burning fat for energy. But the minute you eat carbs and stuff, it will replenish that 400 grams of liver glycogen as fast as it can, so that it can stop dipping into the reserves. (your fat)

Lifting weights also helps a ton. Having more muscle mass makes getting fat slower. Cause the muscles will take their cut before anything gets to be deposited as fat. Like having to pay the tax man before you can deposit your check.
                              WH

Comment

• Keto = Bullshit period end of story. If you don’t have the discipline to stop stuffing your face and excercise your screwed.
                                Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 02-03-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X