Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
    I think Steve has KellyItus.. he think's hes getting under your skin.. when he really isnt.
    I just get caught up with the banter, it's funny to me and my warped sense of humor. I'm doing my best to tone it down these days.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
      what kinda power is your monster pushing these days?
      I haven't touched it, power-wise. It's all the same since the original build. It still rolls around @ 681hp on 91 octane for the most part. About twice a summer, I'll come across some serious shit and I'll throw 5 gallons of 109 unleaded in the mix for somewhere around 800-850hp to go play. So far, so good.

We never did go back for bigger numbers with tighter-gapped plugs...or look into E-85...one of these days...

Comment

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
        I haven't touched it, power-wise. It's all the same since the original build. It still rolls around @ 681hp on 91 octane for the most part. About twice a summer, I'll come across some serious shit and I'll throw 5 gallons of 109 unleaded in the mix for somewhere around 800-850hp to go play. So far, so good.

We never did go back for bigger numbers with tighter-gapped plugs...or look into E-85...one of these days...
        You have any videos of it? Sounds like a beast.

Comment

Here's a Hecho en Mexico Computer Generated Image of something of the sort against a buddy's TT LS2 Formula @ 800'ish HP (Twin 61's on a former nitrous-whore LS2, ran 1001hp @ 19psi)...I came into town, looking for a rear-mount, nitrous/meth injected Vette, but he blew up the night before. Go figure ...so this was one of those 5 gallons of 109 days

1st run: I run 10psi til the high end of 3rd, then clicked over to 17psi. He stays at 9psi on pump gas

2nd run: I brake boosted and he couldn't hear the horn over the wastegates. That was gonna be a full boogie run to see how many cars we could put on him.

3rd run: I stayed at 10psi just to see how hard he'd pull me...saw how hard, then clicked over to 17psi again to steal the lead back lol

That's the best vid of it. Love the daylight runs...also easy for my buddy at Industrial Light & Magic to superimpose the cars and add sound effects. Thank you, George Lucas

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR-1

Comment

Badass car sir! Nice to see a daytime vid for a change too. That orange car is sitting at TrueStreet Motorsports right now. It's a neat car as well.

Comment

Here's a Hecho en Mexico Computer Generated Image of something of the sort against a buddy's TT LS2 Formula @ 800'ish HP (Twin 61's on a former nitrous-whore LS2, ran 1001hp @ 19psi)...I came into town, looking for a rear-mount, nitrous/meth injected Vette, but he blew up the night before. Go figure ...so this was one of those 5 gallons of 109 days

1st run: I run 10psi til the high end of 3rd, then clicked over to 17psi. He stays at 9psi on pump gas

2nd run: I brake boosted and he couldn't hear the horn over the wastegates. That was gonna be a full boogie run to see how many cars we could put on him.

3rd run: I stayed at 10psi just to see how hard he'd pull me...saw how hard, then clicked over to 17psi again to steal the lead back lol

That's the best vid of it. Love the daylight runs...also easy for my buddy at Industrial Light & Magic to superimpose the cars and add sound effects. Thank you, George Lucas

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR-1
              Nice! What size turbos do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Badass car sir! Nice to see a daytime vid for a change too. That orange car is sitting at TrueStreet Motorsports right now. It's a neat car as well.
                Thanks, Steve. It's been a lot of fun. I treat that Cobra like the SR-71...somebody goes out and gets crazy, we click it up a notch and takeoff.

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                Nice! What size turbos do you have?
                Thanks, bud! They're Precision 67's with a .68 A/R hotside. A little big and a little laggy, but it's exactly what I wanted. The dyno graphs ramp up like the shit you see Travis Pastrana jumping off of, right out of Nitro Circus

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Next time I see Ricky, I have every intention of apologizing to him for laughing at his misfortune. He didn't deserve it and I was a jerk for doing so.

Comment

Bad ass Cobra VETTKLR!

Thanks for the new sig
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

It's ZR1, not ZR-1. ZR-1 is the '90-'95 models. So, saying you can beat a ZR-1 is like saying you can beat up your grandma.

Anyone know the guy who has a Cobra with license plate "ZR1LOL"?
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                        It's ZR1, not ZR-1. ZR-1 is the '90-'95 models. So, saying you can beat a ZR-1 is like saying you can beat up your grandma.

Anyone know the guy who has a Cobra with license plate "ZR1LOL"?
                        im SHOCKED that no one has said " anyone who bought a Zr1 is so DUMB!!!!!! you should have bought a FOX for 2000, put 50k into it and killed everyone!!!"
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I want to change to 67's later, I just have 57's now

Comment

I think stretch may have some laying around. He tried a pair out on his white TT cobra before he sold it a couple weeks ago

Comment

I think stretch may have some laying around. He tried a pair out on his white TT cobra before he sold it a couple weeks ago
                              do you have any of your dynos you can post? im interested to compare it to my slug.
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Sure thing, Dave

18psi, if I remember correctly:

Comment

Working...
                                X